T W E N T Y - T H R E E

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near death experience and come out of it seeing things?" Scott asks as we all sat at a picnic table outside School.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles added.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison spoke.

"They're all locked up because they're insane." Isaac answered.

"Ha." Stiles said sarcastically. "Can you at least try to be helpful, please?"

"For half my childhood, I was locked in freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me."

"Okay, dude, are you still milking that?"

"Yeah we are still milking that."

"Hi." Kira Interrupted, walking up to our table. "Sorry. I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about. And I think I actually might know what your talking about." She said nervously. We all looked at her and I sent her a small smile. "There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called 'Bardo'. It literally means 'in-between state.' The state between life and death."

"And what do they call you?" Lydia asked.

"Kira." Scott answered, sending her a smile that she returned. They all looked at Scott and I smirked, looking down. "She's in our history class." He said.

"So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Lydia asked.

"Either, I guess." She sat down next to me. "But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."

"Wrathful deities?" Isaac questioned. "And, um, what are those?"

"Like Demons." I answered, taking in a small breath.

"Demons." Stiles repeated, unamused. "Why not?"

"Hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" Allison asked. Oh, crap.

"Death. You die." She answered casually. Of course she didn't know all this was real and happening to three people at the table at the moment. "Anyway, I also came to see how you were doing?" She looked at me.

"Why?" Stiles asked as my face fell.

"After what happened this morning." She said as if expecting them to already know. I bit my lip. "In the bathroom?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. "Umm, it's was nothing. Thanks, Kira." I smiled. "You've been an amazing help." She smiled brightly, satisfied with herself before standing up and excusing herself, walking away.

"What happened in the bathroom?" Lydia asked immediately.

"Yeah, and why didn't you tell anyone about whatever it was?" Scott added, all of them looking at me.

"Because It didn't matter." I said, trying to get them to drop it.

"What was 'it' then?" Stiles asked, giving me a look.

"It was just something that brought back some not so great memories. I'm fine. We have more important things to deal with." I said, trying not to lash out or yell at any of them.

"She's lying." Lydia said. "What happened? We can stay here all day if we have to."

"Like I said, it was....." I trailed off as my eyes landed on Henry once again. He stared at me with those haunting, cold, lifeless eyes from behind Lydia.