O N E

"So a deer ran head on into Lydia's car." I said as Stiles typed vigorously on his lap top.

"Yeah." He nodded, turning back to face me. "Scott said the thing was absolutely terrified." He went back to typing and a few seconds later his dad entered the room.

"Do you know how many vehicle collisions last year involved deer? Two-hundred and forty-seven-thousand."

"Oh, god, please go to School." His dad replied, honestly sounding like he would start begging soon.

"But that's crossing the road, the one last night came right down the middle." Stiles continued, typing some more.

"I'm not gonna beg you."

"Okay, good. I'm impervious to your influence anyway." Was the reply. I raised my brows as I watched the father-son interaction.

"Would you consider a bribe?" Stilinski asked.

"You couldn't met my price."

"Extortion?"

"You got nothing on me."

I stood up, walking over to Stilinski. "I got this." I whispered, smirking before I grabbed onto his chair and started pulling him away. "What are you doing?" He asked as he leaned forwards to try and continue typing. "Hope, what are you doing?" I pulled him further away and he reached to the point where he just fell to the ground.

"Ow."

"You keep her around, Stiles." His dad said. I smiled as Stiles got to his feet. "Why do I need to go to School? There are way more important things I could be doing." Stiles argued.

"Your my ride." I gave him a look.

"Let's go." He grabbed his back and quickly walked out of the room, his Dad and I staring at where he disappeared. "That was certainly different." He said.

"Girl power, Mr Stilinski." I started following after Stiles. "You can't fight it."

~

"What are we talking about?" I asked as I came up to Lydia and Allison at the girls locker. "How I don't want a boyfriend," Lydia replied, looking around, "I want a distraction." Her eyes landed on two figures walking down the hallway, both Allison and I following her line of sight.

"Brothers?" Allison questioned.

"Twins." Lydia replied, staring at them like they were eye candy. Which, even I couldn't deny, they were hot as hell.

We walked away and into our class. There was the whole thing where the last seat left was right in front of Scott which was really awkward and hard to watch. It literally gave me a headache just to see it pan out.

Suddenly everyone's phones went off, all of us reaching for them and reading the message in our heads that was soon read aloud by an unknown voice.

"The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed somber under an overcast sky, seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness." A dark haired lady said as she walked into the classroom, her heels clicking with every slow, dramatic step. Her appearance just screamed 'teacher', which is probably accurate. "This is the last line to the first book we are going to read." She continued. "It is also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone." I clicked my phone off and set it down beside me.

~

Stiles sighed, dropping his pen on his paper as he leaned back in his chair. He looked down towards Lydia's shoes, furrowing his brows at what he saw. "Hey, Lydia." He whispered, me paying attention as well.