F O R T Y

Stiles and I sat on the couch as Kira's house, freezing. Mrs Yukimura had been making tea as we all sat in silence. "Here." She said, handing us two cups. "It'll warm you."

"What is it?" Stiles asked.

"Tea."

"What? Like magic tea?" He replied, reaching over and grabbing the cups and handing one to me. "No, chamomile tea. Drink it." She said as Mr Yukimura walked into the room.

"He's not safe here."

"He's not safe anywhere." Noshiko argued.

"But Allison killed one of them." Kira said. "Doesn't that mean something. She killed an Oni."

"Is that even possible?" Mr Yukimura asked.

"I'm not sure how."

"But she did it." Kira finished for her mother. "She killed one of them."

"Yeah and then they killed her." Stiles said, staring down at the floor. "Allison's dead. Now I guess the only good thing is it looks like I'm dying, too." No. I won't let him. I'm not losing him, and neither is everyone else.

Mrs Yukimura walked over and sat in between Stiles and I. "He made a powerful move by splitting the two of you." She said to him as Kira leaned over and moved a piece on the board. "So what's our move?"

"At this point," Mr Yukimura sighed, "you need a divine move."

"What's that?" I asked.

"In the game of Go, it's what we call a truly inspired, or out-of-the-box move." Noshiko answered. "The Nogitsune has had sente, the advantage until this point. What you need is a diving move in order to turn the game around."

"Okay, so is anyone feeling divinely inspired?" I asked.

"Mom, you said you trapped it in a glass jar, right?" Kira spoke up.

"It wasn't the jar that trapped it. It was where I buried it." She replied.

"The Nemeton." I realized.

"A place I don't know too much about." Noshiko said.

"Who does?"

"Deaton." Stiles said. "Deaton does."

"Meanwhile, I'm still wondering what's making you sick as well." Mr Yukimura directed his attention to me. "Has anything like this happened before? And I don't mean like the common cold or the flu or anything like that."

"You mean Supernatural." I said, letting him know I got the idea. "No, not that I can think of."

"Actually," Stiles spoke up, "when we did the sacrifice thing that started this up again." He said as Kira had left to call Scott and ask him to talk to Deaton. "She didn't get sacrificed but she still experienced side effects with us."

"That's curious. But the likely answer is if we can cure you, Stiles, we can cure Hope too." Noshiko nodded at us.

~

Scott pulled up in Stiles's jeep, Lydia helping him and I as we stumbled out of the vehicle. Kira wrapped my arm around her shoulder as Lydia helped with Stiles and we hobbled up towards the School doors. "Scott, hold on." We stopped and looked at Stiles. "I know what your all thinking. That if this works it might kill me, too. But even if it does, you just... you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?"

"The plan is to save you." Scott replied. "That's the plan I'm going with." He opened the doors and we walked inside, except this wasn't a School. This was a snow covered outside. The doors closed behind us as we observed the area. "Oh, this is definitely not part of the plan." Stiles said.