T H I R T Y - O N E

"It Just showed up there on my key ring this morning." Stiles said as we walked into Derek's loft with Scott and Kira. "I asked my Dad if he put it there but he said he didn't know anything about it."

"It's just a key, right?" Scott asked over the noise.

"Yeah, but it's not mine." Stiles replied. "And I don't know how it got there or what it's for."

"You want to leave so we can figure it out?"

"Uh..."

"Yes." I stepped forward, raising my hand. "Please. Let's leave."

"Nope." He finally decided. "Cmon. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and dragged me through the crowd of people. I sat down on a stair, Stiles giving me a look as I did.

"C'mon, Hope." He persisted. "Just dance with me."

"I can't dance." I shook my head.

"It's literally just jumping up and down. Not that hard."

"Hey!" A girl with vibrant pink hair, orange lipstick and body paint all over her came up to Stiles.

"Hey!" Stiles called back over the noise. "What's your name?"

"It's Caitlyn."

"Caitlyn... oh, my god. Your Caitlyn." He said as realization washed over him. I furrowed my brows, watching the interaction.

"I know! I just told you that." She replied, nodding her head.

"No, I know.... I just... I mean, uh... you and your girlfriend. She's...." He struggled to form the right words.

"She died." Caitlyn said.

"Yeah. Are you okay?" He yelled.

"Yeah!" Caitlyn exclaimed as I raised my brows. "I'm really drunk."

"Okay."

"Do you wanna dance?"

Stiles looked over at me and I rolled my eyes, sighing as I stood up. "Let's go." I grabbed wrist and led him out onto the dance floor. I started jumping up and down like everybody else as Stiles started doing some... weird dance moves. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face.

"Ha! See? Your having fun! Admit it." He pointed at me.

"Fine. This is fun." I laughed. "I need a drink." I said over the noise.

"Is it safe for witches to drink?" He asked.

"Most of the time." I called back. "I'll be fine. You want one?"

"Uh, sure. Yeah. I'll meet you over there." He pointed. I nodded and parted from him, grabbing two beers and moving to where I saw Stiles sitting.

I easily took the tops off and handed one to him. One drink kind of turned into another and another before Stiles stopped me. "I think you've had enough." He said, taking another drink from my hands and handing it to some random teen that walked by.

"I'm really drunk." I slurred.

"Yeah, I can tell. Wanna dance again? That was fun, right?" He replied.

"Yeah, it was fun." I shrugged. "But this is better."

"What's bett-" I cut him off as I smashed my lips onto his. They were warm and soft against mine. I parted mine slightly, the boy taking the chance to slip his tongue inside. We pulled away after a while to catch our breaths.

"Okay," he panted, looking at me. "That was hot."

"I know." I smirked, glancing down at the ground. My attention caught sight of something and I reached down, picking up a set of keys that were on the floor. "You dropped your keys." I said, looking back at him.

"Yeah, I guess so. Good thing you saw them or they would've been gone." He said as I looked at the keys, catching sight of one that had a neon green glow over it. "Your key has phosphors on it."

"Uhhhhh, What are phosphors?"

"They're any substance that luminesces. It's in your teeth, your fingernails, laundry detergent. It's also in all the body paint everyone's wearing. It reacts with UV light. That's why it glows."

"How would I get phosphors on my key?"

"If you were handling chemicals, maybe." I shrugged, handing him back the key.

"No, I don't think I.." he trailed off as he looked at his key. "Come on." He stood up, shoving his keys in his pocket. "Get up. We gotta go. I just thought of something." He said, helping me stand.

"But I don't want to go." I whined. "I'm having fun."

He sighed. "Ummm. Okay. Okay. Umm, you can stay as long as you promise to stay out of trouble, stay away from other guys, and only drink water for the rest of the night." I smiled and nodded my head enthusiastically. "Deal."

"Okay, uh..... bye." He ran through the crowd as I walked the other way. And right into Derek Hale. I almost fell to the ground before his big hands steadied me. "Hope, what the hell is going on?" He demanded an answer. I smiled. "I'm really drunk." I called over the noise. He sighed. "Of course you are. Jesus, just.... Come with me." He grabbed my upper arm and pulled me through the crowd towards the DJ stand.

The body guard put a hand on his chest. "Bro, sorry, but the Bloody Beetroot doesn't take requests." The man said. Derek just nodded and moved forwards again but the bodyguard stopped him. Again.

"Big mistake, man." I chuckled. "Big mistake." He ignored me.

"Bro, seriously. I said the DJ doesn't take..." Derek grabbed his throat and lifted him in the air. "He'll take mine." He said and tossed the man away. He walked up to the table before grabbing it and flipping it over, destroying all the stuff and ending the music.

"GET OUT!" He yelled, his voice thundering and booming through the loft. Everybody including me raced to get out when Derek grabbed my arm again. "Not you." He glared at the DJ, the man suddenly racing to get away with the crowd.

The only people left were all us supernaturals minus Lydia. There were also a ton of people dressed in black with demon masks on. Only an Idiot wouldn't be able to tell that they were Oni.

"Guys," Aiden said. "They're all looking at me." They all took a step towards him. "Why are they all looking at me?" They stepped towards him again. Then again. Derek pushed me behind the flipped over table. "Stay."

"Guys?" Aiden asked, more panicked. I heard some of the wolves getting their asses kicked but Derek told me to stay. "Somebody do something!" Allison spoke. I heard Scott growling before light peeked through the windows and I knew they disappeared.

"What the hell were those things?" Scott asked.

"Can I come out now?" I questioned.

"Yes." Derek sighed. I stood up. "They're-" Isaac cut me off, looking to Allison.

"-Your Dads twenty-four hours are up."