F I V E

Scott knocked against the bathroom door. "Hayden? It's Scott. I know that your scared, but we just... we want to help." Nothing. Apparently this Hayden chic was a chimera that Liam helped. Scott turned back to us. "I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out. What happened?"

"She was okay when we got here." Liam said. "I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know."

"She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott questioned. Liam nodded. "She said she heard a voice saying, 'Your condition improves.'"

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles stepped forwards. "Hayden." He knocked against the door. "This is Stiles. Your sister works with my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us." Still nothing. Stiles stopped back as Scott walked back up.

"We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden. And that kind of thing usually is better face-to-face. Listen, either your gonna unlock the door or I'm gonna have to break it open." He said. "It's okay if you don't want to talk, or if your not ready to believe us. But I just... I gotta know that your okay in there." There was nothing and Scott sighed, getting ready to kick the door down but stopped when it clicked and creaked open the slightest.

Scott pushed it open slowly, our eyes widening when we saw the girl looking at us with glowing yellow eyes and fangs. "I believe you.

~

We all sat in the locker room, waiting. I stood up, walking to the doors. "What are you doing?" Lydia asked. "We shouldn't leave this room."

"I'm not." I glanced back at her. "Earlier I cast a sealing spell on the doors. I don't know if it'll be very effective or even work, but it's worth a try. I'm just recasting it." I explained.

"Claudo te." I whispered and waved my hand down, turning around and moving to sit down again once I was done.

A few minutes later, Liam carefully moved away from Hayden and over to a black duffel bag. He unzipped it and pulled out a length of chain. I stood up, curious as to what else was going on here.

"What we're you gonna do with these?" Liam questioned.

"I'd like to know as well." I stated, looking at Lydia and Scott.

"Brought them just in case." Scott said.

"In case of what?"

"In case we had a chance to catch one of them." Lydia stated .

"If we can't make the school a fortress, then maybe we can make it a trap." Scott reasoned.

"And let me guess..." I looked at them, clenching my fists tightly. "She's the bait." I nodded towards Hayden. The girl stood up as Liam dropped the chains back in the bag, anger radiating off of him.

"Liam, we brought her here to protect her." Lydia said.

"And now she's bait."

"Am I?" She asked.

"No. No one's bait." Scott assured her. "But we can't be bodyguards to everyone every night."

"Then why aren't we talking to Stiles's dad? Why aren't we doing something better than hiding in a school?" Liam asked him.

"Because we still don't know anything about them or what they want, okay? They're winning and we don't even know what the game is." Scott replied.

"What if they come in here and those things don't work? What if you have asthma attack again? What are we gonna do?" Liam argued.

"I don't know."

"This plan sucks!"

"You guys a better one?" Scott challenged. "Kids are dying! And she's next. So, somebody has to do something. Somebody has to save everyone. So somebody's got to be the bait!" He shouted.

We were all quiet. "Scott." Liam whispered, stepping closer. "Promise me you'll do everything you can to save her. Scott... Promise."

"I'll do everything I can." He assured. "I promise."

"Guys..." we looked to Hayden who had a worried look on her face. "I think I might need a little help right now. I forgot my pills. I have a bottle in my locker. I can get them, but..."

"I'll get them." Scott said, sending a nod to Liam. "What's your combination?" After telling him her locker number and combination, Scott and Lydia moved to the door. I walked over as well, removing the spell so they could open it. "Hurry." Lydia whispered to him. "I'll keep watch."

Soon enough, Lydia was gone too and we were all stood against the lockers, waiting. We started hearing the clanking of boots that definitely didn't belong to inner circle.

"Do you hear that?" Lima muttered.

"It's them. They're here."

Liam slowly walked towards the doorway. "Scott? Lydia?" We looked to Liam as Dread Doctors started to file in and he backed right back up. The Dread Doctor paused at one of the machines we placed out that were supposed to keep them from getting in. He used his cane and swiped it to the ground.

"We are on a frequency you can't possibly imagine." It said through its voice modulator. It smashed the cane down on it and it broke in half.

"Ventus." I threw my hands out, a torrent of wind sending the Dread Doctor back. "Motus." The other one was thrown back, pinned against the wall.

"Holy shit!" Hayden exclaimed from behind me.

"The Hollow is coming." One of the Dread Doctors said.

"The Hollow came. I tried to fight her. But everything is so dark. It's so cold and... I'm so tired." I whispered as I started to drift off.

"Hope." I looked up at my father, fighting off the sleep. "Hope, listen to me. You need to stay awake. Okay? You have to stay with me. Can you do that?"

I took a deep, shaky breath, hugging myself from the cold. "I'll try." I tried but my eyelids just felt so heavy, my body felt like it had no energy.

"Hope, open your eyes." I did as my father said. "You can't fall asleep." He said as I looked up at him with tired eyes. "I'm gonna tell you a story. And you have to stay awake to hear it, okay?" I just looked at him, feeling unable to even nod. "Before you were born, I was a very different creature. I was cruel. I was mean. And I would revel in the terror which I inspired in others. But, Hope, from the moment I saw you, I wanted nothing more than to be worthy of being your father. But I'm afraid, Hope. I'm afraid, without you, I'll return to the darkness. So I need you. I need you to fight."

"I will, Daddy." I said, tears pooling in my eyes as I fought the Hollow's strength. Suddenly I was gone.