E I G H T

"Am I getting too close? I'm getting way too close, aren't I?" Allison asked as she drove alongside the bus.

"That depends." I said from the backseat. I wasn't stretched out across it considering we were gonna be in the this car for five more freaking hours. "Are you just following the bus, or are your planning on mounting it at some point?"

"Yeah, I should back off." Allison agreed.

"Well that also depends." Lydia added. "Oh. Do you mean the bus or the ex-boyfriend your currently stalking?"

"Well, after what happened, I'm not letting him out of my sight." Allison replied.

"Hm." Lydia hummed.

"And by the way, this all started when he came knocking at my door." Allison defended herself.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "For what?" She didn't answer and we just sighed, going back to being bored out of our minds.

Lydia held a book on thermodynamics up to here face before bringing it down, tired of reading it for the moment. "So is that whole 'not let them out of your sight' thing literal or more like a general rule?"

"Why?"

"Oh, I know this one!" I raised my hand. "Your running on fumes." I deadpanned.

"Ugh." Allison groaned as she realized.

"Yeah." Lydia pressed her lips into a thin line. "and I'm pretty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this Toyota."

"What if we stop?"

"Is it really that big of a deal?" I asked. "I mean, so we lose them. We know where they're headed."

"You didn't see what happened."

"I know who started it." Lydia replied.

"Is that what Aiden told you?" Allison asked.

"Aiden?" Lydia raised her brows. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a second. Is that why you invited me on this whole little road trip thing?" Allison didn't answer. "Oh my gosh. Your keeping an eye on them and me."

"So there's nothing going on between you two?"

Lydia put a hand to her chest. "I'm appalled by the insinuation."

"Nothing?" Allison continued in disbelief.

"Nothing." Lydia stressed. She started applying lipstick as Allison stared at her, glancing back and forth between the strawberry blonde and the road ahead. "What?" Lydia asked when's he noticed. Allison screeched the car to a stop when a traffic jam. A little while into it my phone started ringing and I sighed at the contact, putting it to my ear. "Hey, Stiles." Allison and Lydia get desperately mouthing at me to lead him off the scent or whatever. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, we're just about to walk into a movie. Uh, you know the popcorn and-"

"-I know you guys are right behind us, put me on speaker." He cut me off.

"Okay." I put him on speaker and held the phone out in the middle of us. "Okay, look, Scott's still hurt." He said. I furrowed my brows. He should be almost healed by now.

"What do you mean 'still'? He's not healing?" Allison questioned.

"No, he's not healing. I think he's actually getting worse. The bloods turning, like, a black color."

"Well, what's wrong with him?" Lydia asked confusedly, worry shining in her eyes.

"What's wrong with him? I don't- do I have a PhD in Lycanthropy? How am I supposed to know that?"