S E V E N

I stared at the large tree stump. It had to have been thousands of years old by now. For some strange reason, I feel drawn to this tree, like it's something important. A symbol or something. A warning. Or just an old tree stump.

"What is it?" I asked, sensing the presence of someone behind me.

"It's called a Nemeton." 'Stiles' said as he came up next to me. "You should know that, Hope. You used to read a lot as a kid, am I right?"

I took a breath.

"It's powerful. I'd say to stay away from it, but... it's too late for that."

I turned to him. "What does it do? What's it's purpose?" I asked.

"It's draws the supernatural to it. Like a Beacon."

"Beacon Hills...." I whispered.

'Stiles' hummed. "Smart girl." I looked back to the Nemeton and opened my mouth to speak again but was stopped when 'Stiles' spun me around, forcing me to sit on the stump, leaning down so his face was inches from mine.

"I know you think you'll be able to stop me." His breath fanned across my face, "but you'd be very wrong about that. You should leave him, you know, so he doesn't let you down." 'Stiles' stood. "So you don't let him down." He added.

"Shut up." I spoke through gritted teeth.

He gasped in fake surprise. "Did I hit a nerve?" He chuckled darkly. "Admit it, your afraid you'll ruin his life or he'll leave you, just like everybody else."

"I'm not." I argued, glaring. "Stiles is good to me and to everyone he knows. I trust him with my life."

'Stiles' clicked his tongue. "You also trusted Roman."

My breathe hitched in my throat. "Look at where that left you. Motherless and, well, an orphan."

"Just shut up." I looked around but he was gone. Except I blinked, and there he was again. "Boo." He laughed as tripped over something and fell backward, but I never hit the ground. I just fell into darkness.

I gasped awake, shooting up into a sitting position. "Hey, hey," I turned to see Stiles. My Stiles. He looked at me with worry filled eyes. "It's okay. Your okay. I'm right here. It was just a dream." He assured me. My breathing calmed as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"What time is it?" I asked into his shoulder.

"Uhhh, four a.m." he replied. I pulled back. "Shoot. I'm sorry I woke you up." I apologized, cursing in my head at myself.

"Don't be. I promised you I'd be here for you and I am. I don't care if it's four in the morning or if it's in the middle of Mr Harris's class, I'm here." He squeezed my hand.

"I seriously don't deserve you. Your so... pure."

He groaned. "Please don't remind me. Someone's been going around murdering virgins and I am one so my lack of sexual experience is literally a threat to my life." I chuckled, bringing him into a small kiss before pulling away. "Same."

I climbed out of bed, standing up and looking at Stiles.

"Well, I-"

"-Hope!" Niks voice could be heard, and he was coming closer.

I turned to Stiles. "Say a word and I'll tell Derek you called him a narcissistic pig." I threatened. Stiles nods quickly and I put a hand on his shoulder. "Invisique." I pulled my hand away just as my door opened.

"Hope, I hit my hand on the lava lamp and it burns." He held his hand out to me to show me a slightly reddened spot on his skin. "See?"

"I see." I nodded. "But why couldn't Freya help?"

"Because she's still sleeping." He said.

"And how did you know I wasn't sleeping?" I questioned.

"I just thought you had a nightmare again." He answered, shrugging innocently. My face fell slightly but I took his hand in mine. I closed my eyes and thought of the spell, opening my eyes as a faint orange glow came from our hands. I pulled away and he studied his hand, beaming when he saw no injuries anymore. "Thanks, Hope."

"No problem. Now, go back to bed. You've got School in the morning." He nodded and ran out of my room, closing the door behind him.

"Ok, how do I become... un-invisible?" Stiles asked.

"You mean visible?" I chuckled. "Invisique Saeclem." I flicked my wrist and I could suddenly see him.

"So, these nightmares..." he started, "they're a recurring thing?"

I sighed. "I guess. I don't know, I haven't had one in a while, or at least not a bad one."

"Except for tonight." He pieces together, walking towards me.

"And last night." I admitted, looking down at the floor as he took my hands in his. He lifted my chin up so I met his eyes.

"If you ever have another nightmare or if your ever scared, literally ever, call me." He said, looking me seriously. I nodded. "Now, what do you want to do?"

"Your not tired?" I raised my brows at him as he sat down on my bed again.

"Not really. I mean, yeah, but I don't think I could fall asl-"

"ad somnum." I closed my fist and he was out like a light. I chuckled and climbed in next to him, letting my eyes close and waiting for sleep to take over once again.