Have you opened it yet?

You walk back downstairs.

"Y/n do you want to show Kate to the guest room?" Your mom asks.

"But we don't have a guestroom." You say, at the foot of the stairs.

"Yes that's why you should clean your room because Kate will be staying with you." Your dad says.

"Well then, this way Kate." You say walking upstairs and into your room, you grab clothes off the floor and throw them in your closet.

"Sorry it's a mess, I wasn't expecting anyone to be here." You apologize for the mess.

"Oh no, it's alright." Kate says, awkwardly sitting on your bed.

"Um the bathroom is the door all the way at the end of the hall, if you need anything just tell me." You say sitting down.

"Thank you, do you happen to have some clothes I could wear, all I have is this suit, all of my clothes sort of got burned in a fire." She explains.

"A fire?" You ask.

"It's a long story." She explains.

"And yeah, um you can wear these." You go to your closet and grab out a warm hoodie and a pair of sweats

You hand her the clothes and stand there awkwardly.

"I'm gonna go so you can change." You say pointing to the door awkwardly.

"Yeah okay." She says grabbing the clothes.

"Okay." You say leaving your room and shutting the door.

You go downstairs.

"Where's Kate?" Your dad asks.

"She's changing." You say, sitting back down watching your siblings opening their gifts.

"I know you said to just use your money to get your siblings more gifts, but we got you some clothes, we know how much you like styling outfits." He says, handing you a box filled with new closed.

"Thank you, my closet will be extra filled now." You say, looking at all the clothes they got you.

"And Kate actually got something for you." He says, grabbing a small box.

"Oh, I'll wait for her before I open it

"Can you kids help me bring some wood in from the shed?" He asks, looking at Coop, Lila, and Nate.

"Last one there is a rotten egg." Nate shouts as he runs out the door.

"Where did he get all that energy from?" You ask.

"He may have eaten like five candy canes before you woke up." Lila says as she runs out of the house.

It's just you and your mom now.

Laura gets up to clean the kitchen.

Kate walks downstairs, in your hoodie and sweats.

You don't notice her though because your staring down at the small gift in you hands.

"Have you opened it yet?" She asks, sitting beside you.

"Oh no, I was waiting for you." You says acknowledging her presence.

"Well go ahead." She says, gesturing to the gift.

"Thank you." You say undoing the ribbon wrapped around it.

You open the box and see a necklace with an arrow on it.

"It's just like that one Nat had." You say grabbing it out of the box.

"How did you-"

"You're dad mentioned you a lot while we were in New York, he mentioned you growing up and wanting to be just like her." She says, referring to Nat.

You tear up looking at it.

"I'm sorry if it's too much, I just thought it was a beautiful necklace with a just as beautiful meaning." She apologizes, seeing your watery eyes.

"No it's- it's perfect." You say, looking at her.

"Thank you." You say, standing up to hug her.

"Yeah, it's the least I could do." She says,  hugging you back.

"She never took her necklace off." You say looking at the one in your hands.

"Looks like you'll have to carry on the tradition." She says, taking the necklace out of your hands.

She walks behind you.

"Can you move your hair?" She asks, so she can easily put the necklace on.

She puts the necklace around you neck and hooks it onto the loop.

"There we go." She says.

You turn around.

"You look great- I mean it looks great- but I'm not saying you don't look great." She tries covering it up.

You smile. "Thank you Kate." You say, hugging her again.

It's a long story (KateBishopxFemaleReader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara