You Make This So Difficult

Narrator's POV-

"Y/n." Kate whispers into Y/n's ear.

"Hmm." Y/n says sleepily, feeling the sun from the window reflecting onto her face.

"You need to wake up, we've got some business to attend to." Kate says, already fully dressed and ready.

"It's too early." Y/n mumbles, pulling the covers over her head. Blocking the bright light from her eyes.

"Your being childish, come on babe." Kate says. pulling the covers off of Y/n, causing the sun to shine in her eyes again.

"No, it's cold." Y/n mumbles, curling into a ball.

"Why didn't you wake me up so we could get ready together." Y/n mumbles, still curled into a ball.

"Y/n I've woken you up five times in the past two hours." Kate says, shaking her head.

"I don't remember that." Y/n groans, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

"Each time you said 'ten more minutessss' and so I'd give you like twenty more." Kate explains.

"I don't think they happened." Y/n mumbles, turning to her other side.

"Are you going to get ready now, or are you planning to continue gaslighting me all morning?" Kate asks, sitting down beside her on the bed.

"There's so many other ways I'd rather spend my morning then going to read more files." Y/n says, turning to Kate.

"Oh yeah, like what?" Kate asks, confident of the answer she had in mind.

"You know what." Y/n says, standing up, and walking to the bathroom counter to brush her teeth.

"Well..." Kate says, following behind Y/n.

"If your lucky. Maybe... just maybe. We'll continue what we started last night." Kate says, wrapping her arms around Y/n's waist from behind her, teasing her by playing with the hem of her pajama shorts.

"Your turn tonight?" Y/n asks, turning her head, to meet Kate's eyes.

"Yeah let's try it. But you need to actually complete your stack of files today, no sneaking any into my pile." Kate says, unwrapping her arms.

"Fine. Just because you asked." Y/n says, giving her a kiss on the cheek, before she starts brushing her teeth.

Kate leaves to go start on the files.

Y/n finishes brushing her teeth, and deciders she needs to pick something to wear.

That doesn't match.
No, makes me look straight.
Stripes are a no.
To cold for this.
Is this even mine?
Kate must've put this in here, I don't like tank tops, but she loves looking at my arms.

All these thoughts flow through Y/n's mind as she goes through her suitcase, trying to put something together.

This'll work.

Y/n grabs a pair of ripped, cuffed boyfriend jeans.

And can't go wrong with a collared shirt.

Y/n says, buttoning up the shirt, leaving just two buttons undone at the top.

And these I guess.

Y/n grabs a pair of converse.

I feel like a teenager again, wearing high top black converse. These were the way I let everyone know I was gay in middle school.

Y/n grabs a claw clip, putting her hair up. She shuts the room door behind her before walking to the designated office space Maria was letting them use.

7 Minutes Later.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Kate says, sorting through her files already.

"I got us coffee. Plus, putting together an amazing outfit takes time." Y/n says, setting the two coffees down before spinning in a circle sarcastically.

"Like you would know that." Kate jokes, not looking up from her files.

Y/n's jaw drops dramatically. She sits down next to Kate.

"It's the fourth, not the third." Y/n corrects Kate.

"Hm?" Kate questions.

"On the file reports you wrote the third, it's the fourth. Which means you need to go back on every file report you've done in the past half hour, and redo it because you wrote in pen, and you can't cross out something you wrote on a legal document." Y/n explains.

"Ugh." Kate groans, putting her head on the table.

"It's alright, I'll help you fix them. Just start grabbing from my pile while I put these ones aside." Y/n says, grabbing the file reports with errors, and putting them away from the rest of empty reports.

"Do you remember the day you came back to my house with my dad on Christmas morning?" Y/n asks, completing a file report.

"Of course. Why do you ask?" Kate responds.

"I just remember when you kissed me and your face was so filled with blush and I thought. I wanna marry her. And what do you know three years later, here we are, married at twenty-five, happiest as can be." Y/n looks up.

Kate smiles. "Remember what I said when you said I was blushing because of you, 'it's because-' "

"I have a natural blush. I know." Y/n says, making fun of what Kate had said all those years ago.

"Remember when I kicked you in the stomach?" Kate asks.

"How could I not, it hurt for like a whole day." Y/n answers.

"Oh my gosh, your such a drama queen." Kate says, shaking her head.

"Well your more of a princess." Kate corrects herself.

"What do you mean by that?" Y/n asks.

"Pillow princess." Kate says under her breath.

Y/n turns to her. "You DID NOT just say that." Y/n says dramatically.

"Say what?" Kate asks.

"Oh just wait until tonight Katherine Bishop, you will see." Y/n mumbles the last part, while writing on the reports.

"Why wait until later." Kate says, getting up from her chair to sit on Y/n's lap.

"You make this so difficult." Y/n says, just loud enough so Kate can hear.

"Make what so difficult?" Kate asks, whispering into her ear.

"My urge to put you on this table and have sex with you right here, right now." Y/n says, breathing heavily as Kate kisses her neck.

"After we finish these reports, I want you to take me to the bedroom." Kate says, standing up, and grabbing the finished reports they'd done so far.

"Where you going?" Y/n asks.

"I'm going to take these finished reports to Maria, I'll be back don't worry." Kate says, closing the door behind her.