Jump the distance

Narrator's POV

"Y/n I don't think this is a good idea." Kate says, sitting in passenger seat of the car
Y/n was driving.

"What's so bad about it?" Y/n asks, turning onto another dark alley.

"We're two alone agents having a stakeout in dark alleys, need I say more?" Kate asks, leaning her elbow on the center console.

Y/n parks the car, turning to Kate. "You agreed to this babe, do you want me to take you back to the shield base and come back here?" Y/n asks, turning the rest of her body.

"No." Kate answers quietly.

"Nothing bad will happen, we're in a car with bullet proof windows and doors, and we have guns to fight back, does that make you feel better?" Y/n asks, leaning her elbow against the console next to Kate's.

"Yeah." Kate says, touching her forehead against Y/n's.

"And, the two of alone isn't the worst thing."
Y/n says, giving Kate a quick kiss.

"We're not about to do this in a car." Kate says, shaking her head.

"Why?" Y/n complains, "I miss when we were reckless." Y/n continues complaining.

Kate rolls her eyes. "Y/n that was like three years ago."

"Do you not miss sneaking around my house in order to hang out with each other?" Y/n asks with a smile on her face.

"I don't miss your dad checking in on us every ten minutes to make sure we weren't making out." Kate says, making Y/n laugh.

"We still found our ways though." Y/n says, leaning her head on Kate's shoulder.

"Do you ever wish you weren't married to me?" Kate asks randomly.

"What?" Why would I wish that?" Y/n asks, lifting her head of Kate's shoulder to face her.

"We've never had sex Y/n. I see the look in your eyes every time we kiss, and I just feel like I don't fulfill your hopes." Kate explains.

"And so you think I don't enjoy being married to you?" Y/n asks.

"Well yeah." Kate answers softly.

"I don't care about sex Kate. As long as I can be with you, and hug you every day, I'm happy. Your the only person I want to be with, and nothing could change that." Y/n says, putting her hand on Kate's cheek.

"Y/n..." Kate says, looking ahead of the car, this going unnoticed by Y/n.

"Yes love?" Y/n asks.

"I think we should go." Kate says, not giving Y/n a reason.

"Why?" Y/n asks, looking into Kate's eyes.

"Reverse now." Kate says sharply.

Y/n looks out the front mirror, noticing a man approaching with a large knife in his hand.

"Holy shit." Y/n says, putting the car in reverse.

Y/n looks in the rear view mirror, avoiding all the cars parked.

"Y/n quickly!" Kate shouts, seeing the man running towards them from the dead end of the alley.

Y/n turns the steering wheel to the left hard, getting in the turning lane ahead.

"Is he behind us?" Y/n asks, making the sharp turn.

"I don't see him." Kate sighs in relief.

"Grab my phone from my bag please." Y/n says, unbuckling her seat belt.

"Y/n what are you doing." Kate asks.

Y/n checks the rounds in her gun. "I need to see if there's a new victim." Y/n says, parking the car.

"Y/n-"

"Kate, drive back to the base, I'll be home soon." Y/n says, taking her phone and shoving it in her pocket.

"Y/n, I'm not leaving you here." Kate says, following Y/n out of the car.

"Here's the keys, go home Kate." Y/n says, giving her a kiss before walking off.

Kate locks the car, following after Y/n. "You are not doing the same thing your dad did to me." Kate says, catching up to Y/n.

"Kate I'm asking you to go, I will never forgive myself if you get hurt because of me." Y/n says, holding Kate at her shoulders.

"And I'm asking you to let me go with you, because I will never forgive myself if I let you go and you end up getting hurt." Kate argues.

"Fine. Let's go then." Y/n takes her hand, leading her into the nearest building.

"Where are we going?" Kate asks, following Y/n.

"Just follow me." Y/n says, opening the door and walking into the building.

"Y/n this is an apartment complex, I don't think we should be here." Kate says, hesitating to go up the stairs.

"We just need to take these to the roof, and from there we can jump the distance between the building." Y/n says, continuing up the stairs.

"Jump the distance?" Kate asks with a. confused look on her face.