Is that better for you?

After spending some family time in the snow you all decided to go back inside.

You're walking alongside Kate.

"Your face is a little pink, is that because your cold, or because I'm right next to you?" You tease her.

"Neither, I just have a natural blush." She says, side eyeing you.

"Noted." You say, opening the door for her.

You go to your room and grab a towel so you could shower.

You lock the door and get undressed. You step in the shower letting the hot water pour down your body. The change from cold to hot was a much needed one.

Mid-shower the lights turn off. The window barely light up the bathroom since it's getting later in the day and it's not snowing heavily. You peak out of the shower and the door is shut and the light switch is still on.

You get out of the shower, being careful not to trip over something.

You shout from upstairs. "What just happened?"

"The snows getting bad out there, I think the power circuit got busted or something." Clint says, getting his jacket on and walking outside.

You walk into your room and dress quickly.

You carefully go downstairs.

"Is everyone alright?" You ask to everyone who is sitting down around the fire.

"Yeah, the power and heat are off, it'll be freezing cold tonight." Your mom says, Nate is asleep next to her.

"Will you take these candles upstairs and put one in each room." Your mom says handing you six candles.

"Yeah." You take the candles and carry them upstairs.

You put one in your parents room, Lila's room, Coop's room, Nate's room, your room, and the bathroom. You put them all in safe spots and light them with a match.

"Coop, take Nate with you to your room and make sure he has blankets." Your mom says.

Laura closes the hatch to the fire so no embers could escape.

"Tomorrow you're all helping your dad clear the snow off the driveway so get some sleep." She says, picking up Nate and taking him upstairs to Coop's room.

Lila's staring at the fire zoning out.

"You alright?" You ask, poking her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She says, getting up.

"Goodnight." She says, going upstairs.

"Goodnight, and goodnight Kate, I'm going to go upstairs too." You say following Lila.

"Okay I'll head up in a minute." She says, still wanting to sit by the fire.

You blow out the candle, not needing the light anymore.

You grab the two blankets in your closet and put one on the bed and one on the floor, you grab a pillow and lay down.

You toss and turn trying to get comfortable on the floor. You eventually lay long your side, facing the door.

You hear light footsteps walk up to your door. You know it's Kate so you don't pay her any mind.

The door opens and Kate makes her way towards the bed.

You hear her footsteps getting closer and closer until you get kicked in the stomach, not only do you groan in pain, but you trip her and she falls onto the bed.

"Fucking bitch." You curse at the pain, not her.

"Y/n what the hell are you doing on the floor?" She asks, kneeling next to you.

"I'm doing pilates. No, what does it look like I was doing, I was trying to sleep." You say, sitting up.

"Are you alright?" She asks, next to you.

"Yeah, I just got kicked in the stomach with no warning." You say, laying back down.

"Why are you sleeping on the floor?" She asks.

"I was trying to do something nice, but all I got was a kick in the gut." You say turning to lay on your back.

"I should be the one on the floor if anything, I'm in your house in your room." She says, laying on the floor next to you.

"Go lay in the bed." You say, turning to face her.

"No." She argues back.

"Kate we both now I could kick your ass, so I'd advise you to listen to me, and lay on the bed." You say, sitting up.

"Make me." She says, sitting up.

You stand up, pulling her by the arm and pushing her onto the bed.

You lay down on the bed.

"Is that better for you?" You ask annoyed.

You hold your stomach where she kicked you.

"Yes it is better, is this?" She says, putting her hand on your stomach, applying a soft comforting pressure.

You clear your throat, clearly caught of guard by her action.

"It makes up for it I guess." You say, referring to her kicking you.

"I think you're the one to blame for that." She says, laughing a bit.

"Maybe someone should watch where they're walking." You say looking at her.

"Maybe someone should warn me when they're laying on the floor in the dark, may I include in the middle of the room." She says, turning towards you, with her hand still on your side.

There's a few minutes of silence, you close your eyes.

"So was I at least a good kisser?" She asks.

"Sure." You say, opening your eyes and looking at her.

"Just sure, that's all you'd say about it?" She asks.

"Okay hold on." You say, then clear your throat.

"Oh my god, that kiss was so good you literally made we want to come out of the closet just to be with you." You say dramatically.

"Better?" You ask turning towards her.

"Much." She says, rolling her eyes, noticing your dramatics.