Beg to differ

Kate follows Clint downstairs.

"Hey Clint-" Kate begins, as Clint is walking away.

"Kate we'll talk about this later." Clint says, grabbing things and putting them in a bag.

"What're you doing?" She asks.

"Tell Y/n to start packing, we're going back to New York." He says.

"Back to New York? I thought you said they followed us here." She says, confused.

"Well change of plans, tell Y/n to get enough clothes packed for a week, then go sit in the car." He says, not looking at Kate.

"Okay." Kate says, going back upstairs.

She opens your room door, staying out of the room.

"How did that go?" You ask.

"He didn't say anything about that, but we're going to New York... again." She says.

"When do you leave?" You ask.

"You're coming with us, he said to pack enough for a week." She says, leaving.

"Where are you going?" You ask.

"I was ordered to sit in the car and wait." She says, going downstairs.

You grab a backpack and stuff clothes in it.

You go downstairs with your bag, looking for Clint.

"Dad?" You shout.

"If you're packed go to the car." He shouts, from the other room.

You walk outside and open the car door, setting your bag down, on the car floor.

"So you're not allowed in my room anymore?" You ask jokingly.

You sit down, and buckle up once you see your dad headed to the car with tons of bags.

He opens your door.

"Y/n front seat." He says, unbuckling you.

"What? Why?" You ask, as you get out.

"Because I said." He answers.

Normally your mom would say those kind of things, but I guess he picked up on it.

You sit in the front seat annoyed.

He starts the car, and puts it in drive.

"The drive is around 17 hours." He says, looking at you.

"We're not flying?" You ask.

"No, it's too risky now." He says, pulling out of the long driveway to your house.

You lean back in your seat. You get an idea. You reach into your bag, grabbing a notebook and a pen.

You write a note and wait for a good moment. Your dad looks through his sideview mirror, and you crumble the paper and throw the note back to Kate, who is sitting behind you.

Kate quietly uncrumbles the note and reads it.

Clint sees her in the rearview mirror, looking the paper and smiling.

"What's that?" He asks.

She puts the note down.

"Nothing." She lies.

"Give it." He says, looking into the mirror.

She hands him the note.

The note: Sorry my dad is being an ass to you :(

"I'm not being an ass to anyone." He says, turning to you.

"Beg to differ." You mumble.

"Stop with the attitude or I'll drop you off right here and you can walk the rest of the way there." He says, crumbling the note into a ball, and throwing it at you.