The necklace you got me

"I'm going to throw ten snowballs in total let's see your accuracy." You say, forming the snowballs and placing them by your feet.

You throw one, she misses. Another, she misses, another, she misses.

"You've got to at least get this one." You say throwing the last one.

You watch as the arrow spins, barely missing the snowball, the snow ball falls apart as it hits the ground.

Her head falls back in annoyance.

"I'm not going to get this down." She says, frustrated.

"Let me help." You form a snowball and walk over to her.

You stand behind her, "When you're aiming for a moving target you want to think ahead, don't follow it with your aim, instead use what your seeing in its movements to predict its next move." You throw the snowball almost twice as high as you did before.

You quickly go back behind her, putting your hands on hers, that are already on the bow, you adjust her aim and shoot.

You watch as the arrow pierces the snowball yet again.

"We hit it." Kate says, excitedly.

She turns around, hugging you.

"Now that you got that, let me tell you the number one rule." You say, as she steps away from the hug.

"What's the rule?" She asks.

"When someone's holding arrows, maybe warn them you're going to hug them, just so they don't y'know, stab you." You say, holding up the arrow in your hand.

"Noted." She adds.

"Well the snow is picking up again, so we should go back inside now." You say, looking at the snow getting heavier.

You both walk back the way you came, taking off your shoes at the foot of the door.

"What was your favorite gift you got for Christmas?" Kate asks, having not seen you open your gifts.

"The necklace you got me." You answer honestly.

"No seriously, you don't have to say that because I'm here." She says.

"No really, it was." You say again.

She looks away again.

"Your 'natural blush' is setting in again." You say, looking at her face turning a light shade of pink.

"Oh yeah, it does that sometimes." She says, knowing you know the truth.

"Did you get any gifts before you left New York?" You ask.

"No, but I'm happy with what I have now." She says, still not looking at you with her rosy face.

"Did you get any gifts from anyone?" You ask.

"Just one, but it was a great one." She says, still avoiding eye contact, not wanting you to see her rosy face.

"What was it?" You ask.

"Well I mean she didn't really give it to me, but it was a kiss from a superhero's very hot daughter." She answers.

"You're right, she didn't give you it then but..." You say, cupping her cheek with your hand.

"She'll give you one now, if you're alright with that?" You ask, before she nods, letting you kiss her.