Yeah, a last chapter to a book...

Y/n's POV-

"Your siblings and mom are here, do you want me to get them?" My dad asks, looking towards me.

"Yeah go ahead." I say, nodding as my dad leaves the room, leaving me and Kate.

"Why are you so quiet?" I ask Kate.

"It's all my fault you're even here, if I would've stayed with you, you wouldn't have been shot, and what if we didn't get you to the hospital on time and you died because of me." Kate sighs, putting her head in her hands.

"No 'What Ifs', nothing that happened was you fault, and look... I'm alive and perfectly fine. Well not perfectly fine, but in a few weeks I should be." I say with a smile.

"Well you wouldn't have to wait a few weeks if I was with you, and stopped the guy who shot you." Kate responds.

"I don't care where you were, you came and took me to the hospital, if it weren't for you, I'd be dead right now." I respond back.

Our conversation is interrupted when I hear little footsteps running into my room.

I look and see Nate's hair bopping around as he runs towards my bed, using the chair to get up.

He immediately lands on top of me, giving me a giant hug.

"Oh, big hug." I say, hugging him back and trying to hide the fact he's kicking my leg.

I feel someone pick him off of me. "Hey!" He yells, squirming around it Coop's arms.

"Calm down Scrappy Doo." Lila says, giving me a gentle hug.

"How are you feeling?" She asks.

"The medicine is wearing off now so I'm in a bit more pain than before." I answer truthfully.

"Mom cried when she found out you were shot." Lila whispers into my ear, making me laugh a little, knowing my mom hardly ever cries.

I look my mom in the eyes. "Aw you cried about me?" I tease her.

"Yes, and I smacked your dad in the face when I found out it was because of  a mission to Germany." She says, almost staring into my dad's soul. That women is terrifying when she's mad.

"So Y/n, did you shoot any bad guys?" Coop asks. He's always been intrigued with the missions I go on.

"I shot a few, but got one back in return." I say, laughing at my own joke.

"Y/n..." My mom says my name with a serious tone.

"I was the one to get shot, I should be able to joke about it." I mumble annoyed.

"You shouldn't joke about that kind of stuff." She insists.

"Yeah whatever." I respond.

"Oh how much I would've missed your attitude." She responds, shaking her head with a smile.

"I'm just glad this is all over, like the last chapter to a book." Lila says looking towards me.

"Yeah, a last chapter to a book...." I repeat what she just said.

"I really missed you all, but do you guys think you could go so can get some sleep?" I ask trying to sound as respectful as possible.

"Yeah, come on kids, let's give Y/n her space." My dad says, carrying Nate out the room, Coop, mom, and Lila following him.

Kate heads to the door as well.

"Can you stay?" I ask pouting.