Somebody help me!

"I don't know why I'm crying, you're going through more than me." She says, still hugging you with her head on your shoulder.

"What were you just telling me, just because other people are going through shit doesn't mean what you're going through has any less value." You remind her. You're still holding her in your arms."I love you, and that's all I need from you, I don't need sex or money or anything but you."

She stays in your arms, as her tears eventually weaken. You can tell she's been asleep already for the past few minutes, so you lay her head on the pillow, lifting the blanket over her as you lay down on your side.

You adjust yourself so you're comfortable. Kate cuddles against you, wrapping her arm around you.

Your mind is filled with the thoughts of a poor girl walking home from school and having something beyond terrible happen to her like that.

Why is it keeping you up? The sound of a young girls screams are filling your mind to the point where you can't close your eyes with peace.

You sit up, still hearing the scream except it gets louder as you walk out of your room and into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

Except now the girl is screaming words.

"Somebody help me!"

"Help!"

You still hear the girls voice.

You shake your head trying to get the voice out but it's as if it's real.

You walk past the giant window in your apartment, going back toward your room when you notice people standing in the street just outside your apartment.

You notice two male figures fighting.

You quickly grab a pair of shoes, a coat, and one of your knives because you can't find your gun.

As you run into your room looking for some shoes Kate wakes up.

"Y/n what are you doing?" Kate asks, confusingly sitting up.

"Theres a girl outside screaming for help." You respond, grabbing the first pair of shoes you see in the closet.

Kate stands up.

"Stay in here, I don't know who's out there." You say, leaving her in the apartment.

You run down the flight of stairs, and out to the street. It's abnormally silent besides for the girls screams.

You run to her noticing the male on the floor bleeding out, the other one, trying to hijack a car just a few yards away.

"Help him please!" She says, watching as you kneel down to him.

You grab your jacket using it to put pressure on what seems like a knife wound to his abdomen.

You notice the man still trying to get the car to start.

You pull out your phone calling 911.

As soon as the call goes through you give the responder on the line your information.

"I'm going to ask you to do somethin very important." You tell the girl who could only be about fifteen or sixteen.

"I need you to push this jacket down into his wound tightly." You say using your blood covered hand to grab hers and put it on the jacket.

"Just like that." You say as she puts both hands on it, pushing down.

You run towards the man that's trying to get into the car, as soon as he sees you coming he starts to run. You chase him down as he runs around parked cars on the side of the road.

You hear a swift sound fly by your ear, you see to arrows fly by, an electrical current going through them, the man runs through the current getting electrocuted.

He falls to the ground unconscious. You turn towards the direction of where the arrows came from to Kate standing at the balcony from your apartment.

You both make eye contact, but you turn back around when you see the police cars pulling up.