Fucking Police

...

"The only thing in his name is a small lot of land." Y/n looked up from the message that was sent to her about Johann Otto.

"Well that's where we should start right?" Kate figured if that was the only property he owned then he must've had something held or stored there. Something that would help them find out where Maria was.

"Some other agents have been sent out to open up a storage locked he has in Brooklyn, and they just sent some for backup, but we should get there in like maybe fifteen minutes." Y/n made a left turn that would be basically a straight road to the outskirts of New York.

With her eyes locked on the road, her hands holding the wheel tightly, every muscle in her body right, and the fire in her eyes, there was nothing that could possibly slow Y/n down.

...

The flashing red and blue lights behind her, along with the sirens caused Y/n to pull over and slam her fists onto the steering wheel.

"License and registration please." The officer was an older white guy.

"Mr officer, we're with SHIELD." Y/n snd Kate both showed their work IDs.

"What is SHIELD?" The officer was very unenthused as he leaned on the opened window.

"The Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division. You know, Nick Fury, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton?" Y/n watched as the officer looked more confused.

"The Black Widow? Hawkeye? The Avengers? None of that rings a bell?" Kate started saying from the passenger seat.

"I don't care what fan club you're in, I need you to give me your license and registration, now." The officer said, showing how he couldn't have cared less.

"Oh my fucking god." Y/n gritted through her teeth before opening the glove box in front of Kate.

She handed her information to the cop and he went back to his car in order to check it all out.

Y/n kept turning around to see if the old cop was making his way back to their SUV yet.

"Y/n keep it cool okay, this cop already has it out for us. The last thing we need is for you to flip out on him." Kate put her hand over hers.

...

"Alright, that seems to be all. If you don't mind me asking, where are y'all headed?" The cop asked, leaning against the window, looking down at their hands that happened to be together.

Kate noticed the look and prayed Y/n didn't notice. If Y/n noticed the homophobic glare she would've gotten out of the car and done who knows what.

"Where just heading home officer, thanks, and have a good night!" Kate said, waving off the officer before he could say anything else.

"Fucking police." Kate said as they drove off.