What would you like to know?

You wake up, feeling an emptiness around you.

You turn around noticing Kate is no longer next to you asleep.

You sit up, listening for even the slightest noise, letting you know that she's there.

You uncover yourself with the blanket, standing up and stretching your arms over your head. You yawn as you walk out of your bedroom.

You walk into the living room, looking for her, but the apartment is empty. You check you phone, but there's no texts or calls from her.

After walking through the kitchen, you notice a small sticky note left on the door of the fridge.

I'm out for groceries, I'll be back soon. If you need anything just call me.
-Kate

You read the note smiling as you can just picture her voice saying that to you.

You start the coffee maker, the sound of the coffee dripping fills the apartment.

You sit down at the table waiting for it to finish pouring. Once the dripping stops, you get up, grabbing a mug from a cabinet above you, pouring it into the mug.

As you sit down at the table again, after a few minutes you hear the sound of keys clinking outside of the door, you turn you head, seeing Kate carrying a two bags.

She walks in, using her foot to shut the door.

"Good morning." Kate says, placing the bags on the counter.

"Good morning." You respond, turning to her.

"How'd you sleep?" Kate asks, putting food away into the cabinets and into refrigerator.

"Good." You reply, looking down at your mug of coffee as you swirl it around.

"Good." Kate says, shutting the cabinet and walking over to you.

She sits down next to you, not saying anything.

After a few moments of silence, you speak up.

"You've never really told me about your parents." You acknowledge, turning to her.

"What would you like to know?" She asks, turning towards you again.

"What were they like?" You ask.

"I thought they were perfect, but clearly they had some things going on behind the scenes." Kate sighs.

"Yeah, but they both loved you." You reassure her.

"Maybe..." She says, getting up from her seat.

"They did, and they still do, your mom was just trying to protect you." You remind her.

"I could think of a hundred different ways that would've worked up better than her hiring Yelena to kill your dad." Kate jokes.

You smile. "That's true."