Did you get ahold of her?

Kate cooked dinner for the both of you just a few hours ago.

She didn't know whether she should talk to you about your dad or not. You just called your mom but she didn't answer again.

Kate's been on the couch for a few minutes while you went through boxes of stuff you had brought with you, not much, mostly just things to put away in your room.

You walk to where Kate is sitting on the couch, looking at her phone.

You sit next to her, resting your head on her shoulder.

"Did you get ahold of her?" Kate asks, referring to your mom.

"No, and I even called the house phone to see if maybe my brother would pick up but no answer either." You say, grabbing the blanket from next to you and covering the both of you.

"Are you sure you don't want to fly back to visit spend time with your family?" Kate asks, knowing how close you are to them.

"I just need some space away from that house." You respond.

"Okay." She says, taking your word as she cuddles up next to you.

She turns in the TV, putting on a movie for the both of you to watch.

You eventually lay down with your head on her lap. One of her hands on your stomach while the other hand runs through your hair.

After finishing the movie, Kate looks at you noticing you're still awake.

"I'm going to go shower before I fall asleep." Kate says, grabbing your attention.

"Okay." You respond, sitting up to let her stand up.

Before she leaves, she gives you a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I love you." She says, leaving the room.

"I love you." You say, laying back down tiredly.

Kate walks to the bedroom bathroom, turning on the shower and undressing.
She stands under the water for twenty minutes just thinking about how to get you to open up about what your feeling and when to do it.

She regains her focus, getting rue bottle of shampoo, and pouring some into her hands.

As soon as she finishes her shower, she grabs a towel and walks put of the bathroom to grab some clothes.

She peeks out of the room noticing you're still laying down on the couch.

She gets dressed and brushes her hair out before walking over to you at the couch.

She kneels down infront of you.

"Let's go to bed." She suggests, cupping your cheek.

You groan tiredly.

"This couch is uncomfortable, come on let's go lay down." She says holding your hand.

You both walk to your room, laying down next to eachother. Kate's body still warm from her shower, as she lays with her stomach agaisnt your back.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about anything?" Kate asks.

"Not yet." You respond.

"When you're ready." Kate reminds you.

"I will." You assure her.

"Okay, goodnight." Kate says, quietly.

"Goodnight." You respond, turning of the lamp on your nightstand.