Why are you here?

You walk up your porch and bend down the grab the key from under the mat. You'd think that having parents that both worked with S.H.I.E.L.D would mean they'd do something more secure than a key under a mat, but they don't.

You twist the key, unlocking the door so you could get in. As soon as you get in you take off you snow shoes, and take off your jacket.

You walk down the stairs, noticing that the basement door is open, and the light is off. Your dad always shut the basement door, not wanting your siblings to ever go in there.

You grab your knife from your pocket and quietly precede to walk through the door and turn on the light, you look around the room and behind the door but there is no one there.

You shut the door, still being quiet, and you walk back up the stairs to the living room. You hear footsteps in the dining room, so you walk past the kitchen, staying behind the corner of the wall.

The sounds of the footsteps get closer and closer, once the sound is right on the other side of the wall you pounce from behind the corner, grabbing whoever's there by the neck, holding the knife right in front of their face.

"Kate?" You say, still with your hand on her neck, and the knife in her face.

"Can you let go?" She breathes, with your hand choking her.

Once you let go, she clears her throat.

"How did you get here before me? How long have you been here?" You ask, putting the knife back in your pocket.

"It's been many boring hours." Kate remarks.

"And how did you get here?" You ask, stepping back from her.

"Well I met Dr. Strange, I asked him for help, and I think her like me so much that he helped me." Kate says proudly.

"Why are you here?" You ask, remembering you're mad at her.

"Because I know I can help you, and I already have information on how to possibly find your family." Kate says, pulling out the paper from her pocket.

"What is it?" You ask, looking at the note in her hand.

"All that I could find was this phone number, and just the word 'Ohio'." Kate informs you.

"Have you called the number?" You ask, reading the number on the paper.

"No, I was going to wait for you." She says, handing you the paper in her hand.

"Thanks." You say, taking it from her and putting it in your phone to call.