I want to call her

"I can't believe they weren't able to fix up your apartment." You say, still focusing in the road.

"Well if you would have seen the state it was in then you would believe it." Kate jokes.

"They weren't able to save anything from the fire?" You ask, remembering your dad saying her apartment was filled with archery trophies, medals, and awards.

"Not that I know of, I'm guessing it all got burned." She says, looking out of the window.

You turn your attention tk her quickly, noticing she clearly wasn't happy about it. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, I got myself into that mess anyways, it all started with that stupid suit." Kate says, turning to you.

"I think it was when you took down that bell tower." You joke, smirking a bit.

"It was one time." She tries to defend herself.

"Doesn't change the fact that you still did it." You respond, turning to her once again.

"Like you've never done something bad." Kate says, still trying to defend herself.

"I've never shot down my college-"

"You never even went to college." Kate cuts you off.

"I trained at S.H.I.E.L.D and learned everything I need to know there." You prove your point.

"What's thirteen times seven?" Kate asks.

"Like anyone knows that at the top of their head." You say, rolling your eyes.

"Ninety-one." Kate says, while simultaneously clearing her throat.

"Whatever, so I can't multiply by thirteen in seconds, but I least I know how to defend my self and save lives." You respond.

"It's alright, I'll teach you math." Kate says, patting your shoulder.

You turn your head to her. "You're just asking me to hit you at this point." You joke, looking at her hand.

"You know you love me." Kate says, leaning over to kiss you on the cheek.

"We've got about two more hours left, after I stop for gas right now." You say, pulling into the gas station.

You stop the car, walking into the small convenience store.

"On number seven." You say, handing the man at the counter twenty dollars.

You turn, heading towards the exit of the convenience store, but here your dad's name on the television behind you.

You turn back, looking at what the news was broadcasting.

The caption read: Breaking News! Avenger Clint Barton found dead in abandoned building

You turn towards the door, walking out shaking.

Kate swiped through Twitter, not noticing you walking out of the building.

She sees a post from the local news network.

Thw post shows a picture of Clint and says: Hawkeye found dead (Click hear for more details)

Her eyes widen but she still has hope that it was just some troll on the internet, just as she's about to click to see if the link would explain further, she sees you struggling to unlock the car door.

She reaches across the seat, unlocking it. You immediately sit down, shutting it behind you shaking.

"Y/n-"

"I- I don't know what's wrong with me." You stutter, lifting up you hand showing her how shaky it is, along with your breathing patterns.

"It's probably a panic attack, look at me,  and breathe." Kate says, trying her best to help you.

You try to breathe slower, but nothing happens.

"I can't b-breathe slower." You say frantically.

"It's okay, we can do it together." Kate says, holding your shaking hand.

"In then out, with me." She says, then taking a deep breathe in.

You follow along with the rythm of her breathing.

"Good, that's perfect. Why don't we get out the car, and stand outside for a second." She offers, opening her door, with you following.

She walks around to your side of the car, as you wrap your arms around her.

"What do you want to do, I can drive back to your mom's, I can keep driving there, or we can go to the airport and try to get tickets back." Kate says, still holding you.

"I'm want to call her." You mumble in her shoulder, referring to your mom.

"Okay." Kate says, as you grab your phone, clicking her contact and putting the phone to your ear.

The phone rings multiple times before the automatic voice message system goes off.

"She didn't answer." You say, putting the phone back into your pocket.

"Okay." Kate thinks for a second. "What do you want to do?" Kate asks, looking back towards you.

"I just want to go to our place and lay down." You say, putting your palms to your face.

"Okay we'll do that, I'll drive." She says, as you sit down on the passenger's side.