I'm reading her lips

Y/n's POV

Kate and I had been sitting on the cold floor of the room for what seemed like an hour. But I lifted up my head when i heard the faintest sound.

"Kate." I poked her until she turned to me.

"Do you hear that?" She made no sound, putting her ear against the wall behind her.

"...Footsteps?" She heard the faint sound as well.

The room in front of us that was once a pitch black room, now buzzed as the lights turned on. Farthest from us sat a large screen.

"What's going on..." Kate turned to me, we both got up and walked closer to the glass in front of us.

The footsteps we heard previously, finally reached us. In front of us, there she stood.

"Laurie! Thank god, help us out of here. We knew you'd come to help us. Can you try opening the door?" I had hope we'd get out of here now.

"I'm sorry Y/n, but I can't do that." She folded her arms across her body.

"Why not?" Kate took a step forward.

Coming from the same direction Laurie did, the guy who we'd been after this whole time.

"I'm sorry Y/n."

They both walked away without another word.

"What the fuck us going on!" I shouted and slammed my hands onto the glass wall.

The screen before us lit up.

"Footage."

The screen was footage from a white room, an empty chair sat in the middle. The screen showed the date and time.

"That was earlier this morning." Kate, turned to me with a confused look.

What are we watching?

Two figures came onto screen. A tall guy, holding a what seems to be a woman, by her hands that were behind her back. She had some sort of covering over her head to prevent her from seeing.

The man shoved her into the chair and secured her into it before taking off the covering.

"No." I stared as I saw this man standing before Maria.

The screen went black.

It turned on again, this time with what has to be live footage.

"It's been Johann this whole time-" I watched his every little move.

There's only a few outcomes of this, all of them involving someone dying.

There was no volume to the screen, but there was clearly a conversation going on.

"Let them go." Kate said focusing on the screen.

"What?"

"I'm reading her lips." She sabered still watching.

With Laurie's and Johanns backs to the camera we couldn't see what they were saying, but that didn't stop Kate from reading Maria's.

"They're not a part of this."
...
"The things me and Natasha did in the past have nothing to do with them."
...
"Of course I regret what happened, it never should've happened. But there's nothing they can change about it. If you kill them that doesn't bring him back."
...
"Shoot me in the head. I don't care! But do not lay a hand on either of them!"

I turned to Kate.

The door opened but the footage continued to play.

"Go Kate, go get help." I kept my eyes on the footage.

"I'm not leaving either of you."

"Kate-"

"Enough, I'm not leaving, if we can figure out how to get to them, we can stop them." Kate walked towards the door.

"Y/n-"

"I can't look away, if I look away and something happens I'll never forgive myself."

"Do you want me to go." Kate asks.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER