What's going on?

Narrator's POV-

Y/n walked to Maria's office, expecting to see her at her desk. But when she entered the office, there was no Maria in sight.

"Odd." Y/n states out.

Maria said she'd be in here all day, with the cases coming in and out she had no other choice.

Y/n noticed all the papers spread out around Maria's desk in an unorganized matter. Something that was not like Maria at all, especially because Maria would always be annoyed when Natasha was unorganized with work things. Maria was practically a neat freak, so for all of her important duties to be thrown around on her desk, it was a bit out of place.

Y/n went through the papers, noticing they had all been about the recent case her and Kate had been working on.

Almost as if someone has been looking for information in a hurry.

Y/n left the room, texting Kate on her phone.

I need you to come down to the car garage right now -Y/n

Everything alright? -Kate

Not sure, I'll explain when you get here. -Y/n

Alright, on my way -Kate

Y/n went up to one of Maria's assistants that had been sitting at the front desk.

"Laurie hi, um where is Maria right now?"
Y/n tries to not disrupt what she's doing to much.

"Y/n it's so great to see you, she should be in her office, she did seem a bit in a rush earlier, so I wouldn't be surprised if she is frustrated right now."

"Okay umm, did you happen to see her leave her office at all?" Y/n asks, standing at the side of the front desk while Laurie was typing on her computer.

"I have not. If she left, she would've checked out with me, so I could postpone any meetings of hers. She has a meeting with a gentleman in about ten minutes." She says looking down at her watch. "So she should be around here somewhere. I can send an email and ask anyone if they saw her leave or if she's hanging around somewhere." Laurie offers, blowing a bubble with the gum in her mouth.

"Yeah, that'd be great, thanks." I say, walking out of the main office area, and into the car garage.

Y/n enters the car garage, Kate looked up for her phone.

"What's going on?" Kate asks with a worried tone.

IM SORRY FOR THE REALMY SHORT CHAPTER, IM HAVING THE WORST WRITERS BLOCK RIGHT NOWWWWWW. I CANT THINK STRAIGHT!!!