epilogue two

This chapter is Rowan listening to the album. They go through each song and Harry explains a bit about each. I made the interpretations to fit THIS story. I am NOT trying to analyze the songs nor do I think everything said in this chapter is really what the songs are about. A lot of these are not even my own interpretations of the songs just put together to fit this specific story. I am NOT speaking for Harry in anyway. Every song is so special to Harry and everyone that listens. Each song has it's own special meaning to each different person.

•••••

Harry has been working on finishing up the new album. He won't let me see any of it and it is driving me insane.

Even the few he sang to me that were hardly started on tour I don't get to hear. He wants the album to me complete and perfect before I hear it.

I have no idea how many songs there are, the names of them, the name of the album, the cover photo, nothing.

All he has told me is he 'writes from experience so, yes there's some songs about you, about us.'

I get butterflies thinking about it.

I know they all won't be happy songs and listening to the sad ones are going to hurt like hell. But they are apart of our story and I know how the story goes. We end up together, happy.

Harry told me the album is almost finished, it feels like months ago he told me I would get to hear it next week.

"You ready, baby?" Harry asked one last time as we sat in the studio ready to play the album.

"Yes." I beg him. "I've been ready since you started writing."

"Are you sure? There's no going back once you hear it. You could hate it." He continues to delay playing the songs.

"I am going to love it, that's not even a question. Just play it already." I continue to convince him.

"Ok, here we go." He begins taking a deep breath. I can see he is nervous but he knows I will love the album and him no matter what.

"The album is called Harry's House. The album is a peak into my life, my thoughts, my house. I want to add that my house wouldn't be anything without you. You make me feel at home, where ever we go as long as I am with you I'm at home." He goes on to explain a bit about what that means to him and why he chose it as the title. He plays the songs through not giving me anytime to fully process what is even happening. He doesn't say anything just watches my reactions.

I already know he can read my emotions and facial expressions so easily. Some of the songs make me want to dance, some of them make me want to curl up in a ball and cry and as some of the lyrics click my jaw drops or my face lights up.

Harry let me process everything before going back and explain each song for me.

"Music For A Sushi Restaurant was so fun to write, it just kind of came together. Mitch and I were out getting sushi one day and one of my songs came on, and I thought this is an odd song for a sushi restaurant. The thought stuck with me for some reason and this song just fell into place.

Late Night Talking I wrote before you came on tour. I don't know what it was about you that had me hooked from the very beginning. We'd been talking all day and all into the night. I couldn't stop thinking about you. So I wrote this song." He giggled at his memory of writing it. "It was like I want more than anything to get to know you and make you happy. And the now you're in my life is like it all worked out.

Wish I was around//I just wanna make you happier, baby. There were times I wanted to be there for you, just make you happy.

I've never been a fan of change//But I'd follow you to any place. Has never been so true. I hate change, especially during such a big part of my career, touring. But there was no way I was going to give up. The line more literally would be 'I want you to follow me to any place.'