10

I woke up to the sound of Emma screaming my name. "Rowan, Rowan, you bitch wake up."

"What?" I groaned pulling the covers over my head.

"This cant be real. Harry Styles texted you?!" She squealed.

I sat up quickly ripping my phone from her hands.

"You've been texting Harry fucking Styles?!" She practically jumps up and down on the bed shaking me. 

"How did you see that?" I scolded.

"I was checking the time and I saw "Harry" texted you, I had to see. Oh my god, my best friend is talking to Harry Styles." If she's acting like this I can't even imagine how Charli will react.

"Stop we're just..friends." I tried to brush it off so she would relax.

"Yeah just friends. 'Good morning beautiful.' doesn't sound like friends." She mocked me.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me." Emma whined.

"This is exactly why I didn't." I laughed pointing out her behavior. "You're freaking out."

"I am not freaking out. You're talking to celebrity, a very hot and very famous one." She defended herself. "You and Harry Styles, oh my god. Tell me everything."

"What is there to say?" I laid back down covering my face with her pillow which she quickly pulled away.

"Um everything." She said hitting me with the pillow she just stole from me.

I told her everything. How we've been talking and how sweet he is and that we have so much in common.

"He makes me happy but also Emma, I feel really bad." I truthfully told her.

"Dude seriously," she rolled her eyes. "Can you and Grayson break up yet?"

"Why do you hate him so much?" I pushed my lips to the side dreading her response she's given me a thousand times.

"I don't hate him I just don't like you two together." 

"Why?"  I sharply asked.

"How many times to I have to tell you this? He cheated on you and all you do is fight." She clapped out every word with emphasis.

"He's been really sweet lately." I shrugged. 

"How long will that last? A week?" She questions. "Ro, come on you're better than this." 

I sat in silence. I knew she was right. Everything she says is always right. She gives the best advise I just don't always take it.

"He didn't even talk to you yesterday." She points out. 

"Yes he did." I sat up getting defensive.

"Yeah to make out. Has he even texted you today?" Emma pushes. 

"No." My volume was so low I'm surprised she even heard me.

"Exactly and he won't until he wants to fuck. You guys just use each other for sex." She rolls her eyes. 

"What's so bad about that? You and Jake do the exact same thing." I scrolled her right back. 

"Nothing except when he is an asshole and when you could have Harry Styles." She ignores the second part of my statement. 

"I can't have Harry Styles." I mocked her.

"You could though." She took my phone out of my hands. "Let me read your texts."

"No." I yelled running after her to get my phone.

"Please." Emma begged. I gave in. We sat reading all our flirty messages.

"See this is how a guy should talk to you." Her voice praised him. "And by the way Jake and I don't pretend to be together and he is actually nice." 

I knew she was right. Grayson wasn't the best boyfriend. But our relationship didn't bother me when I knew there was no one else I wanted. Except maybe Harry but that would never happen.

A new message popped up.
Harry
Wanna ft?

"Wanna facetime?" Emma screamed. "Can we call him?!"

"No I will when I get home." I ignored her excitement keeping my cool.

"You're no fun." She whined. "Well hurry up go home and call him then call me and then tell me everything."

"Okay chill Em." I laughed. "And you cannot tell anyone."

"Of course I won't." She hugged me goodbye.