2.

Maya's POV:
I made my way to the lamppost, a spot me and Rue had met up at since middle school. I put the brake on my bike and leaned against it, pulling my phone out of my pocket.

Maya - I'm here x

Rue - omw :)

I sighed leaning my head back, there was a New Year's Eve party coming up in a few days. My mind drifted to that, was it smart for rue to be around that stuff?

"HEY JOHNNY." Rue said, giggling behind me as I jumped. "Fuck Rue." I whispered laughing with her before linking our arms together. I eyed her outfit, smiling at her laziness. Pyjamas. Of course. "I know you're thinking that I need babysitting or something at that fucking party. I promise I'll be fine. We're gonna go and have an absolutely monstrous time. Okay?" She put her hand below my chin, lifting it. I nodded, grinning in response.

"Do you miss Jules?" I asked as she slipped onto the back of my bike. I felt her dip her head into my neck before sighing deeply. She had successfully avoided speaking about or meeting jules completely after what happened at prom.

"Do you miss Fez?" She asked with the same curiosity. I inhaled, pedalling forward and leaving her question floating in the air around us. Two addicts, on a bike, trying to find a high like the forbidden.

We arrived at school and immediately went to our lockers to throw our stuff in there. "I really wish I was high right now." Rue muttered, leaning into her locker hiding. Since her ... altercation with Jules, she'd been distant. We hadn't really been close since Jules arrived at our school, it made me wonder..

"Hey bitch!" Maddie exclaimed, throwing her arm around my neck. "Hi baby" I grinned kissing her cheek. We walked to lesson, me and Maddie laughing while Rue trudged behind in a daze. I slowed down, linking my one arm with Maddie and my other with Rue. Kat and Cassie joined us but Lexi was no where to be seen.

"I really miss Nate." Maddie mumbled quietly as we sat down with our lunch. I smiled sadly we were all dealing with some form of a breakup, weirdly convenient. "I know, I just wish he wasn't such an asshole and I would've even helped you guys get back together." I joked, she rolled her eyes as Nate entered the cafeteria, a smirk on his face like usual.

His eyes on Maddie, like usual. But this time I noticed someone's eyes on Nate. Someone who didn't usually bat an eyelid at him.

Cassie?

That was weird. Cassie was still into McKay wasn't she? God I hope she doesn't fall into that trap. Not that trap. Maddie would fucking kill her.

"Hey." Rue mumbled. I turned to her, standing up and taking her hand I went to the restrooms. I took her face into my hands once we entered the bathroom. "Rue, I know it hurts okay. But we really need to focus on what's important right now. Sobriety. We're in this together, please don't give up on it now." I whispered the ending, my heart racing at the thought of Rue giving it up again. I'd just about pulled her out of it.

"You see Maya, it doesn't just hurt. I feel like my heart is being fucking ripped out." She spat before walking out.

Rue's POV;
I did not just do that. Fuck. Maddie walked by with Lexi and Kat. Lexi being the only one who stopped to see if I was okay. "Rue? You good?" I shook my head, I was an asshole. I stormed past her, leaving the school, inhaling sharply as I felt my lungs released whatever was clamping them shut.

I closed my eyes feeling a migraine run around my temple, I needed to get high.

Maya's POV:
I closed my eyes, rubbing my forehead as a migraine approached me. I pushed her too hard. I made my way out of the restrooms seeing Lexi stood confused. I walked to my next lesson, ignoring the pit in my stomach.

Ok but I fucking live season 2 so far. Euphoria is def my favourite show rn. Completely obsessed. Was thinking of doing either a love triangle between fez Maya and Elliot or just a complicated love storyline with Elliot and Maya. Idk.