17.

Maya's POV:
"FEZZZZ!" I called out, me and Rue had spent the night at Fez's place. A few seconds later, the door opened. "Wassup?" He asked nicely, he'd been going soft since me and Rue told him how even shittier our lives were becoming, and we found it fucking hilarious.

"Fez come lay with us" Rue smiled, she'd had one Xanax today.. as far as I knew. He got on the bed, sliding next to me. I smiled leaning my head on his chest as Rue hopped over on the other side of me. "I'm sorry about you and your man player" he mumbled, running his fingers through my hair as his other hand went around Rue. I hummed as I felt him turn to Rue. "You and Jule good yet?" I chuckled at the name. "Nah not really." She responded as we lay there, exhausted as ever but unable to sleep.

"You're my best fucking friends you know that right?" I said. Fez chuckled as Rue turned to me, grabbing my face in her hands and kissing my forehead. "I love you." I grinned before saying "I love you too"

"Fez.. can I please?" I asked.
"Fuck Maya... fine." He agreed before slipping his hand in his pocket and handing me the walkie talkie he used to communicate with Ashtray. "Yo Ash" I mumbled deeply into the walkie. I heard inaudible noises before he responded. "Whatchu want Maya?" And me and Rue giggled. "Fucking hug me." I complained before I heard him sigh.

A few moments later Ash came in and narrowed his eyes at me. I hugged him tightly, grinning as he finally gave in and pressed his lips to my cheek. "Thanks pal" I smiled before he went back. He hated leaving his spot, he knew they weren't technically safe which made his hug more endearing.

I hadn't given the situation with Elliot much thought. I just didn't want to speak to him and luckily for me.. I didn't have to. Elliot stopped showing up to school. As pissed as I was, I felt a pit of nerves in my stomach. I was responsible.

After Rue and Jules figured out their differences Jules apologised to me. I accepted, for Rue's sake. I turned to Rue as we lay there. "Can you check on that asshole?" I asked Rue and she nodded. "Whenever you want"

Fezco didn't agree with it but he knew I'd do it anyway. He believed it would be better if I allowed him to throw away his life. Not Fez's words but the general gist of what he said. But I was me. I couldn't let him and Rue checking was better than me going and embarrassing myself.

"I say we blame all our shit on Nate Jacobs and call it a day." Rue jokes as I laughed loudly. "Fuck that was funny" I mumbled as Fez straightened up. "Rue.. you know his pops fucked Jule right?" He asked as I gasped. I was not supposed to know that, I definitely would've chosen not to know if I was given the option. Well, that was fucking crazy.

Rue coughed out a response "yeah fez" and after that we lay in quiet, not an awkward one. Just quiet. "Music?" I asked them both as I heard mumbles of yes. I went through my phone and picked "hypnotise" by Biggie. Letting the music fill the room.

Rue left after a while, she had an NA meeting and planned on checking on Mr Asshole right after. I decided to go home too, my mom was out which meant I'd have the house all to myself.

"I'll see you later player" fez said, hugging me. I waved bye to him, Ash and Faye as I walked out. I made my way home on my bike, stopping at a convenience store near by for a pack of cigarettes. This was a slow process, this time I had hope and I was determined to try my hardest, for me.

I opened the door to my house with a cigarette in my mouth to find my mom sat in front of the tv with at least 5 beer bottles around her. "Nice of you to make it home." She slurred. I rolled my eyes before making my way up, locking and slamming the door. As I stripped into my underwear I jumped under the covers and pulled out my phone to check my messages.

Rue - it's pretty bad.
Rue - don't feel bad tho he deserves it

Rue's POV:
After bullshit NA, I made my way over to Elliots. As I leaned my bike against the side of the house, I heard a screaming match from inside. Even though I fucking love drama, I wanted to be with Jules right now so I knocked on the door and waited for it to open.

It was Elliot who answered and for a split second he was shocked, then he grabbed a hold  of my hand and said "about fucking time" we passed his mom or sister or., whoever the fuck that gorgeous woman was and entered his room. Okay wow. I looked around at the mess, his guitar broken and a big.., I promise I'm not lying a fucking huge back filled with drugs. When I looked to my feet there was a bag exactly the same size but empty. Was that concerning? For Maya, fuck yes. But for me, I was going home richer in xannies and a shit ton of Molly today.

"How is she?" He asked, awkwardly sitting down on his bed. I took a seat on the floor after finding it through the mess. I opened the bag and took a xanny crushing it on my keychain before answering "fine" but Elliot wasn't stupid. He knew that meant it wasn't fucking good.

"How are you?" I asked. He sighed, probably knowing I would tell Maya. "Fine.." he mumbled, looking around before laying down. "Rue I really fucked up" he said.

"I know" I replied, honestly I wanted his bag and to leave. "If I went to rehab, do you think she'd give me another chance?" He asked. I let his question float around the room, texting Maya an update.

Maya's POV:
As I was laying there after reading Rue's text, a tremor ran through my arm. I shook it off before throwing a hoodie on, thinking it was the cold. It wasn't.

The tremor continued, but as I shook my arm this time I felt my whole body shake violently. I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to lay down and relax. Another tremble ran through my body, this time I gasped feeling myself getting panicked. In just a few seconds my jaw clamped shut, locking into place as my arms stayed still by my side, as if I was paralysed. I tried to scream but nothing. A million thoughts raced around my head as I stared at my ceiling. Was I going to fucking die right now? What the fuck. Oh my god okay.

I tried to look at my phone which had dropped onto the floor and slipped out of my hand to see a notification. As I jolted and shook into the bed I mentally prayed. Someone come find me. Please.

I felt my vision blur, a foamy substance slide onto the outside of my lip. The fear I felt in that moment was fucking terrifying. And then, it all went black.