42

Maya's POV;
When I woke up, I had a miscall from an unknown number. I rolled my eyes thinking it was one of those dumb ads so I rolled over and went back to sleep.

It wasn't one of those ads. It was Nate Jacobs and he wanted to 'talk' to Maya.

When I woke up for real this time, I grabbed some clothes and slowly made my way to my bathroom. I took a very long one hour shower, in an attempt to make myself squeaky clean and get out of this funk I'd got myself in.

As I was drying off, my phone buzzed on the table.

Elliot - wanna hang out?

Me - I can't
Me - Maddie needs us all rn.

Elliot - text me then

Me - are you blind?
Me - doing that rn.

Elliot - good let's keep it that way 🙄

I rolled my eyes just like his dumb stupid emoji before moisturising and putting my clothes on.
As I stepped out my phone began ringing again, an unknown caller.. again.

I answered it, kind of irritated by the interruption. "What?" I asked, harshly. I heard a sigh on the other end before a voice I had learned to fucking despise spoke on the other end.

"We need to talk."

What the fuck could me and Nate Jacobs have to talk about?

I felt myself become overwhelmed with anger. Anger because of how he had treated Maddie this entire time. Angry because he'd sunken his dirty claws into Cassie and had successfully ruined everything. Angry because he had hurt Rue, granted it was through Jules but still.

I hung up without saying a word. What the fuck was this about?
I contemplated texting Maddie but decided against it, she was so shaken up last night this probably wouldn't help.

Unknown number - I'm outside.

If I had a baseball bat, id run outside and smash Nate Jacobs' head with it. But unfortunately I don't.

I texted the number back.

Me - I'm not getting in your car you sick fuck.

Unknown number - I'll come in then.

At least this way he would get caught if he murdered me. Oh my god what if he murdered me.

A few minutes later there was knocking on the door. I left my wet hair down, not bothering to comb it and threw on some clothes before opening the door and shooting daggers at the absolute vile human being that I was stood in front of.

He came in and sat as I stood. "What?" I pressed. "What do you want from me?" I hissed feeling really fucking uncomfortable.

"I remember how McKay used to talk about you. I never really saw it until junior year. You look good." He said weirdly.

Oh my fucking god. Get out. Please.

I stayed silent.

"You're a beautiful girl. Really smart too. Smart enough to know you need to stay out of whatever goes on between me and Maddie."

"Are you threatening me?" I seethed.

"I really don't want to hurt you. We were best friends at one point." His lips tugged up as if he was reminiscing some weird fucked up deranged memory. I shook my head dismissing him.

"That was before you broke Maddie's heart. You and Cassie are seriously fucking disgusting." I spat.

He tutted. "You were so good to me before. I wonder where your loyalty lies now..." he muttered.

"What. Do. You. Want?" I gritted feeling the last inch of patience I had slipping away.
"I just wanted to talk to you. You were a good friend to me and to Maddie. It'd be a shame to throw it away because of her."

"You and Cass are perfect for each other. If you think being fucking delusional is cool or whatever then please let me submit you both to a mental asylum. You're both shitty ass people and I don't want a single fucking thing to do with you. I hope you know that looking at you right now, you look exactly like your father. And Cassie? Cassie falls in love with fucking everyone. So do yourself a favour and lose all the pride you walk you cheating ass with. Get the fuck out of my house."

As I finished speaking I felt myself inhale deeply, slightly out of breath and generally pissed off I glared at him. My words must've struck enough of a chord for him to ditch whatever his stupid plan was and make his way to the front door. He stopped as I called his name.

"Oh and Nate."

"Fuck you. You pathetic, repulsive, laughable excuse of a man."

He left without hesitation after that. I couldn't help but rub my arms up and down to get rid of the goosebumps. I couldn't stomach the feeling in my gut, something was off. I drank some water and honestly nothing helped. So I texted the one person I knew would be able to listen to my unstoppable ranting and overthinking about this entire situation.

Me - Nate just came over

Fez - I'm Omw