11

Maya's POV;
(Maya's narration)
3 days. 3 days without contact with Elliot. Or rue. Or anyone. I felt weird, kind of pissed to be honest. I lay in bed with a Xanax under my tongue. My eyes closed as NWA blasted through my speakers. Fez had been texting me, trying to keep checking up, it was weird considering he was never like this when we were together.

My door opened causing me to groan before putting a pillow over my head. "Jesus fucking Christ Maya." My moms voice rang through the room. I moved the pillow, irritated by her presence alone. "Please get the fuck out" I mumbled, drained. I swallowed the pill quickly before tucking my back up into my pocket.

"You think I don't know you're on drugs"

Fuck. Here we motherfucking go.

"You think I don't know you're fucking married men" I spat. She spun around, outraged. "You are so fucking selfish. You're killing yourself you know that? Or are you too fucking high to comprehend what I'm saying?" She shouted.

I inhaled, my temper wearing extremely thin. "Maybe that's the fucking point mom!" I replied with equal volume. She lifted her hand to her forehead. "I do everything for you, you don't even lift a finger around this place. You have everything handed to you on a plate and you're depressed?" She screamed.

I rolled my eyes, what a fucking bitch. "Fuck you" I muttered. She scoffed before turning back to me. "What a disappointment you turned out to be." She whispered before shutting my door. I clutched my hair on either side, feeling the effect of the xanax completely disappear as I lost my shit.

I got up, in the same shorts and hoodie I'd been wearing for the past 6 days, I plugged in my music and got on my bike. Music, drugs and a reckless teen. My stomach had began hurting but I ignored it, a mistake on my part of course.

I pulled out my phone and clicking on Elliots name...

Maya - Wanna meet?

                                    Elliot - can't rn rain check?

I sighed before calling Rue. She didn't answer. I then tried Jules, Rue was probably with her. No answer.

As the pain in my stomach increased I sat down on the side walk, it was silent. No one was around and it was fairly dark. I pulled a small packet of coke out of my pocket and dipped my finger in, rubbing it into my gums. It didn't help. 

Maya - I'm scared.
                                  Fez - Where you at

I groaned as the pain got worse, dipping into my stomach. I decided to try Elliot again, if Fez saw me like this he'd just give me another lecture. I called him and he didn't pick up. What the fuck was he doing?

Maya - *Address* pick me up?

                              Fez - I got you

Within 15 minutes Fez had arrived but my stomach was fucking killing me. Fez got out of the car finding me slumped over on the side walk. Silently he lifted me into his arms, laying me across the back of his car.

The journey was silent as he took me into his room and sat me down on the bed. He crouched down in front of me. "What did you take?" He whispered. I closed my eyes, a tear sliding down my cheek at the memory of how shit today had been for me.

"A lot." I replied quietly, he lifted my face, his fingers underneath my chin. "It's okay just tell me Maya." He mumbled quietly.

After listing everything, he pulled me in for a hug. His hand slid in my pocket and he flushed the remainder of the stash Elliot had given me. I was too drained to even react.

My phone began ringing, it was Jules. I picked up as Fez leaned against the door, the distance between us equal. "Hey Maya!" She said happily. I could hear music in the back, Rue's voice faint. I sat silently, before I could speak I heard Elliots voice. So Elliot was busy with Rue and Jules? Did i have a right to be pissed right now?

Because I was fucking irritated beyond belief. I cut the call without uttering a word. I turned to my side and cried. Just let it all out. I felt the bed dip behind me as Fez's arms slipped around me. And I cried and cried.

Looking back, I don't really blame Maya for being mad at us. She needed us, we weren't there. I was too busy mouthing off to Ali. Jules and Elliot were too busy getting high and debating whether I was sexual or not. And Maya? Maya was alone.

My phone rang for the third time in a row as Fez mumbled into my shoulder. "Your boyfriend gon be real fucking mad about this." He chuckled. I shoved my elbow back into his chest "he's not my boyfriend." I mumbled.

"You can do better." I smiled at his words before turning to face him. "Lexi is the best you could ever have." I murmured, our eyes on each other.

My phone buzzed and I picked it up, dismissing the tension.

Elliot - Yo?
Elliot - Maya where you at
Elliot - I'm outside

I scoffed, wow. Jules must've told him I ended the call, the asshole probably knew I was annoyed.

Maya - I'm with fez.

Once my text sent, I locked my phone and closed my eyes letting Fez hold me.