40

Maya's POV:
I was asleep in Rue's bed when my phone kept going off. Frustrated, I picked it up not wanting Rue to wake up. I shuffled towards the bathroom, looking at the screen to see who it was. At this point there was no point checking when the only person who blew up my phone this much was Elliot.

Elliot - I kind of have a surprise....
Elliot - I'm nearly there:)

Oh and not to mention the 3 miscalls he left.

Me - I'm not home & go to sleep
Me - go home

Elliot - not until u see the surprise
Elliot - been working on it since we made up :)

I could picture his stupidly cheesy smile as he said that and groaned. Why now?

Me - no.
Me - tomorrow

Elliot - now sleepyhead
Elliot - Wya?

Me - my boyfriends

Elliot - ok give Rue the heads up so she doesn't shoot me.

Me - Might encourage her to if you don't listen.

Elliot - almost there

Me - are you texting and driving rn?
Me - disgusting

Elliot - I'm still alive dw sleepyhead

I rolled my eyes and groaned again, sometimes I couldn't stand this guy. Jesus Christ. I threw on my hoodie and checked on Rue who was still deep in her slumber, put my hood up as I made my way to the front door. Fuck. If Leslie caught me I would have Elliot's head on a fucking stick.

When I got outside, I sat on the concrete, tugging my shorts down as I leaned my head against my hands. When I felt headlights shine above me I lifted my head to see Elliot's car.

He waved at me rolling down his window before saying "get in"

Charming.

I sat in the passenger seat, not even putting my seat belt on as I glared at him through my heavy eyes. Middle of the night. Ugh.

"What. Do. You. Want?" I asked, shooting daggers at him. He grinned in response before poking my nose. "You. Anyway, I have a surprise for you. It's kind of fucking awesome" he cheesed.

I stayed silent as he pulled his guitar to him and a notebook. He played something off his phone, a recording of some sort that was just a simple beat. On top of it he strummed his guitar, humming sometimes to the beat. I'd never heard it before and as tired as I was it was actually kind of nice. It also felt like it was lulling me to sleep.

"What is this?" I asked tiredly.

"I composed a song for you."

What
On
Earth

"Shut up." I said, too tired for his games.

"Seriously. Look this recording is our beat."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I looked into his eyes making sure he wasn't high.

"Okay so the night we made up, you fell asleep in my arms. And Maya I swear on anything you want me to our heartbeats aligned. Like fucking together. I could feel it. I could feel the beat. So I made a recording of me imitating that beat - our beat, and added the guitar part from 'let it be' by the Beatles because you're always humming it and it drives me fucking crazy. So yeah." He smiled, looking completely accomplished and also completely exhausted.

I didn't even realise I was smiling.
Woah.

He took my hand slowly, looking into my eyes while doing so. Brought it up to his heart, not taking his eyes off me once as he pressed my hand to his chest. He wanted me to feel the beat. Oh my god.

I was in shock. Unable to create sentences as I took in how incredible that surprise was. No matter if I hated Elliot or not that was the craziest but sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me. It nearly made me cry.

"I know I hurt you." He began, a pained expression in his face as he clenched his jaw. "I know you said I can't fall in love with you."
Yes, I did say that.

"But Ive felt like I was dead since I was 13 years old. When I'm with you, It's not like that. I know you don't want me to rely on you or anything. You're the most incredible person I know. I made a huge mistake. And I hurt you while doing it, if it was anyone else I wouldn't of cared. That's me being honest okay? Hurting you made me feel like I was 13 years old again. I need you, Maya. Okay? You can hate me, you can fucking love me. I just can't lose you"  when he finished speaking there was a moment of silence before I spoke.

"Okay." I whispered.

A smile pulled his lips up, his eyes brightening.
"Okay?"

I nodded.

AHHHHHH MY CUTIES
WHAT DO U GUYS THINK OF THIS CHAPTER?! STARTED OFF EARLY TODAY <3333
LOVE U ALL, HAVE THE BEST DAYS 💋