33

Elliot's POV:
She was asleep. On my bed. Fuck.
It had been a while since I'd seen Maya let alone have her within my reach. When she joined me at lunch I truthfully decided that she was now my be all and end all. My moon and my stars. The reference made my stomach drop, everything was a lot simpler when our biggest issues was who'd have to get up and call the pizza place while we binged game of thrones and Naruto.

But now? Now her walls were up higher than the twin towers in Lord of the Rings. Aside from that awesome reference I was almost about to write down it was so good, I kept thinking about how different she looked sleeping. Relaxed, calm, at peace. When she was awake it was a different ball game. She looked ready to fight, ready to push anyone and everyone away. I grabbed my guitar as I took a seat next to her on my bed, I left a respectable gap between the two of us, not wanting to invade her privacy.

She looked fucking breathtaking today. Maybe it was just she sheer confidence she radiated despite where she was, whether she was alone or surrounded by people. She always, wore herself with confidence. I was strumming when she turned in her sleep, I felt my hand inch towards her and moved back. She needed time. It was so fucking hard not touching her, not getting to kiss her.

In gods honest truth, I fucked Jules only because I was told Maya had been fucking Fez. It was a stupid, stupid... stupid jealousy thing that I never want to experience again. But I couldn't help it, it would happen with practically anyone. The past week she would stand with Kat and Maddie with her back towards me but I'd see her lean in to kiss them on their cheeks. I don't know how fucking lame I sound but I was so madly jealous. Jealous because I wanted her to kiss mine, jealous because I knew no matter what I'd fucked up her trust. And that was on me.

She shuffled closer to me, placing her head on my chest as I moved my guitar so she could fully lean on me. May sound selfish but this   could've been the last time she'd ever let me be close to her, and I simply couldn't push her away.

"Stop breathing so damn heavy." She muttered before she began lightly snoring again. Her comment made me laugh, I suppressed it though, knowing it would bother her more.

She was pressed flush against me within the hour. Her legs threaded with mine, her arms thrown over me with one hand tangled in my head. I tried not to hold her, I kept one hand on my side, refusing to succumb to the terrible temptation that was this phenomenal girl. The other was in her hair - because I'm human.

I could feel her exact breathing patterns and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel our heart beats align in that one simple moment. Maybe I was focusing too much, maybe it was simply my overthinking or maybe it was just me being fucking hopeful, but in that moment I fell harder for her than I thought humanly possible. Her lips swollen in her sleep, eyes fluttered shut lightly as her stray hairs framed her face. Fuck.

As she adjusted her leg placement, I bit my lip to avoid groaning at the feeling of her thigh so close to me. As I felt myself get a little too excited I closed my eyes, breathing heavily, trying to turn myself off. But no matter what I thought of her leg pressed against my inner thigh causing her thigh to brush against me and that was a mind blowing feeling. It was almost unreal. Pleasure was an understatement.

I grabbed my notebook and pen, forcing myself to let this stay innocent, forcing my thoughts to stay innocent. I tapped my pen in a familiar beat, the beat of our hearts as an idea flashed in my mind. A grin played on my lips as I began scribbling my thoughts onto the page. All while lightly tapping the beat of us. Our beat.

As I finished writing, I felt my eyes become heavy with tiredness. I could see Maya was in a deeper sleep than she'd been in a half hour ago so I let myself drift off into a slightly uncomfortable sleep with her legs tangled in mine.

FUCKING ELLIOTS PERSPECTIVE!! I KNOW I KNOW I TOLD U GUYS TO TRUST ME IDK IF IT WORKED OR NOT BUT I LOVED HOW THIS CAME OUT!

Now I know I've updated twice today so I'm considering when the next one will be, hope u guys enjoy reading it as much as I do writing it.

Ps I finished my last of Colleen hoover books and can say she's one of my favourite authors to grace this earth. Im obsessed with literally all of her books. Currently manifesting I'll become the next Hoover ;)

Until next time you beautiful souls!
- Theysimp4love💋