15

Maya's POV:
We strolled in the party, Elliot's hand on the small of my back as I spotted Maddie. I spun around to Elliot and said "go find Rue." So he wouldn't be stood awkwardly around us. He nodded before kissing my cheek and walking away. "Hey ladies!" I squealed hugging maddie, Kat and Lexi. We all drank a shot each before maddie took me outside where all the jocks sat.

"Dance with me? I really wanna rub it in Nate's fucking face that he lost a bad bitch." She stated. I without hesitated agreed. We began dancing as we heard whispers from Nate's group. I opened my eyes scanning everyone and noticing Fez sat in the corner. "I'll be right back," I whispered and she nodded kissing my cheek before I walked over to him and sat down.

"Wassup player" he smiled. I shushed him before opening my mouth but he cut me in. "You're not high right now are you?" Slight sense of shock evident in his voice as I nodded. "Well fuck, I'm proud." He mumbled like usual. I smiled. "Lexi's in there, wearing the most beautiful fucking dress. Go talk to her" I said. "Ion know, fucking her over is the last thing I wanna do right now." He cleared his throat.

I nodded, understandable. I closed my eyes momentarily, enjoying the breeze. "What happened that day?" He asked, warily. "I told my mom I want do die" I chuckled. He looked over at me, slowly observing.

"Shit." He muttered. We sat in quiet after that as Maddie and Lexi joined, sitting beside us. When they all began talking, I decided to go find Elliot. I looked around not finding him, so
I began searching rooms.

After opening a few doors which should've been locked, I opened the one second to last down the hall. Finding Rue and Elliot inside. On the floor. Doing drugs. Elliot looked over at me and quickly got up coming closer to me. "Hey I was gonna come find you" he sighed contently. "Hi Maya." Rue mumbled in the back.

"You guys stay up here, clean up, finish what you were doing I don't care. I'm going to dance with my friends.
I couldn't bare to be around that right now. Before I could make it downstairs someone pulled my arm into a room. I gasped before feeling the person slam the door shut.

One of Nate's minions. "What do you want Zack?" I asked. He crouched down and picked up a packet of coke. I inhaled deeply. I was testing my self all day. Don't let this be what breaks you Maya. He dipped his finger in, I turned my head the other way trying to avoid the smell.

"Be a good little thing and take it."
He whispered. I shook my head feeling a lump in my throat. "Come on, just for me?" He mumbled against me, I could feel him on me. He pressed his finger to my nostril and pushed it up. My eyes closed as I naturally inhaled. Zack moved away and opened the door before turning around to me. "Don't take it personal
Cole, it was a dare." He laughed and shut the door.

I lay on the floor, in my dress, high and alone. The door slammed open and I didn't even move. "Maya?" I heard McKay's voice. He lifted me up and leaned me against the wall before shutting the door and sitting against it, beside me. "I just saw Zack come outta here" I cut him off. "He made me snort coke and then he left.

"What the fuck. Where's your boyfriend?" He asked. I chuckled not even bothering to correct him. "Getting high with Rue." I laughed at how stupid it sounded. McKay was one of my good friends, because in situations like these.. he never judged me.

He hugged me tightly before saying "you got a big ass heart you know that?" And I closed my eyes as the high set in and a rush of adrenaline ran around my body. McKay stood up pulling me up with him. I was about to say something I would've probably regretted when the door opened and Elliot stood on the other side.

My eyebrows furrowed when I noticed a cut on his eyebrow. McKay made his way out after kissing my hand goodbye. "What the fuck happened to you?" I asked,

"McKay texted me about Zack and me being your knight in shining armour I had to go defend you, I underestimated how big he was." He chuckled, as he made his way forward I noticed a cut on his lip and one on his cheekbone. I pulled him in for a hug as my hands went to his head.

"I'm trying to take Lexi and Rue's advice here and communicate or whatever the fuck." He started as I sat back down after locking the door I nodded. "Im not perfect okay, I make mistakes and I fuck up a lot okay and it doesn't help that you're this hot, funny, perfect girl that every guy wants yknow? I'm not jealous I just I really don't wanna fumble the bag." He rambled.

"Let's be sober?" I looked at Elliot, silently pleading with my eyes, hoping he'd agree. But this wasn't a rom com and we weren't acting in a scene. "I can't" he mumbled his head in his hands. "It's not that I don't want to I just, please don't expect me to do it," he whispered and I closed my eyes.

"Well then why are we doing this?" I asked. He looked me in my eyes unable to answer. "Because we have feelings for each other?" He mumbled. Was that enough?

"Say something" I heard his voice. "Let's go." I muttered getting up. He stood up and held my face in his hands. "I'll try" he whispered, kissing me.

And that? That was more than enough.