28

Maya's POV;
"I want Chinese." Kat mumbled as we lay on her bed, hanging out. It was 3am and we were thinking of what to order. "How have things been, you know since Elliot and Jules?" Kat muttered as I sighed loudly. "Me and Elliot haven't spoken since last week. Jules hasn't even bothered to make an effort and I'm kind of glad. Fucking jokes the both of them."

"I can't believe Jules, like Elliot is an ass but Jules was one of us you know? Like she was our friend." Kat slated, she'd been hearing me out, she understood that I was beyond pissed.

We ended up deciding Thai food was our best bet, and we both agreed on it. I was in the middle of eating when my phone rang. I picked it up, checking who it was and seeing Rue on the other side so I answered.

"Wanna hang out? I'm on house arrest. All I can eat is fucking pop tarts. Bring food?" And with that she cut the call making me laugh. I turned to Kat and kissed her on the cheek. "Ruey needs me. I'll text you?" I said, picking up some Thai food as Kat nodded hugging me. "I love you." She called out as I grinned and threw my jacket on. "I love you moreeee." I sang, hopping down the stairs and waving bye to her mom.

I got on my bike and rode over to Rue's house, my bag in my arms as I picked up some snacks and carried on. "Fucking finally." Rue sighed as I entered their apartment with the bags of Thai food and sugary snacks.

We sat at the table, as Gia poured in drinks. Rue mumbled "sick of this shit." As we ate, I knew it was hard for her. I understood withdrawals exactly the same way Rue did. It fucking sucked. But I couldn't let Rue give up on her sobriety.

"I know. If you're gonna do it for anyone Rue? Do it for her." I nodded in Gia's direction as she grabbed napkins. Rue glanced over silently, watching as I carried on. "She's the most selfless fucking kid I ever met. She wants you to get better Rue. We all do." I mumbled.

After that, we continued eating in silence, Rue clearly checked out the minute I mentioned staying clean. I pulled her closer to me, pressing my lips to the side of her head as she sniffled against me. "I just need.... I need..." she sighed, slightly out of breath. "I know" I mumbled, cuddling her close to me.

An hour later, me, Gia and Rue were watching golden girls, my assortment of snacks in front of us. "I'm so full." Gia groaned, rubbing her stomach. Rue was falling asleep as we laid there. "Gia, let's get her in bed." I whispered, pointing at Rue.

After getting her in bed and helping Gia clean up, I said goodnight to Les and left their apartment. When I got home, exhausted I ran up to my room, locked the door and threw myself onto my bed. And for the first time in a few days, I cried. I cried myself to sleep, eager to get the next day over with. And the day after that.

KIND OF A FILLER CHAPTER SORRY!! I'm thinking of writing a book abt Jacob just bc he's GORGEOUS! but not as Nate cuz Nate is awful 😭 unless u guys want that..... let me know.