35

Maya's POV:

It was the weekend, Saturday morning.. bright and early. When I got a phone call from Rue. "We're going to hang out like normal fucking teenagers today." And my heart bloomed as I got ready that morning. Because I knew, my best friend was back.

I was back. I was back for Maya, I was back for my mom and Gia. There was shit that I was fucking stressed about, like what I was going to do about that suitcase of drugs that everyone had so graciously flushed down the toilet. God I was fucked.

I did yellow eyeliner, like sunshine, I layered highlighter on my cheeks and styled my hair in a cute spiky bun. I wore a strapless body suit with Rue's cargo's which she'd left at my place. I added a few clips and gems to my eyes, grabbing my purse and phone I went downstairs. When I got down I saw my mom with her cup of tea like usual.

"Wow, you look beautiful." She smiled from her seat as she paused her movie. I grinned, cheekily in response before sitting down with my chunky sneakers. As I laced them up I made small talk with my mom. Asking her how work had been, it felt really fucking nice to spend time with her. To have her actually present and enjoying my company for once.

"Ted wants to go out tonight." She said casually taking another sip. "So go?" I suggested, confused as to why she needed my permission. "I thought we could watch some more kardashians, talk boys and what not" she smiled kindly. It warmed my heart, all I'd wanted was a relationship with a parent. Not even a biological one or someone in specific, just .. someone.

And she was getting that, her and her mom were living happily. But Maya knew it was too good to be true and honestly I did too.

"You should go with Ted, we can hang out tomorrow. It's only Saturday." I suggested, she nodded before I stood up to leave and she played her movie.

I left the house on my bike, throwing my purse in the basket at the front. I was meeting Rue for ice cream and was actually really excited to see her. I missed her a whole bunch. I mean she meant more to me than anyone, my only actual family and I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible.

"Maya!" She shouted from the other end of the road, I could see her breathing heavily as she slowed down her bike to a stop. I laughed at how unfit she was, making my way towards her on my bike. "Hi baby!" I squealed hugging her as we spun around. She chuckled in my ear and prodded at my hair. 

"I like it!" She grinned as we held hands, riding our bikes while still linking our fingers together. We laughed, making jokes the entire time as we basked in each other's presence. Rue knew what she meant to me and I knew what I meant to her and that was all that mattered.

We ate ice cream, she made me laugh as if it was my last motherfucking day on earth and I hugged her as if I was never gonna see her again.

When I got home that evening, my mom was out with Ted and I had the house all to myself. It was pretty rare I'd be in a mood this good, I decided to take advantage, going in the kitchen and doing something I hadn't done in fucking forever. Bake.

Cookies, brownies, cake you name it I had it laid on the kitchen counters on top of heating racks as I slumped on the couch. Completely exhausted but still extremely happy.

I grabbed my phone letting my fingers linger over Elliot's name, he'd texted me once or twice today, he knew if I didn't respond immediately I would later. I decided to reply to his message.

Elliot - I finished Game of thrones
Elliot - Fucking hell

Me - didn't ask.
Me - worth finishing?

Elliot - last season is kind of bullshit.. but I still loved it. The build up was unreal what season r u on?

Me - 2 😬

Elliot - such a long way to go 🥳

Me - come over n we can watch

I don't know what the fuck possessed the last message. No explanation.

Elliot - fr?

I rolled my eyes at the idiot. He was making me change my mind and I was about to text him to leave it when he messaged again.

Elliot - OMW

HALF AN HOUR LATER:
Elliot arrived and was currently knocking on my door. I sighed before standing up and unlocking it and dragging him in.  A huge grin was resting on his face as he sniffed around like a dog. "Is that brownies?"

"Yes but you can't have any." I stated before slouching onto the couch. He threw himself next to me, his hand accidentally falling onto my lap. I picked up his finger by the tip of mine and chucked it back onto his lap. He just laughed at my disgust before pleading for a brownie. So I grabbed the hottest one and threw it into his palm, laughing as he threw it into the air and gasping.

"Fuck you." He said
"Get out." I rolled my eyes.
"No."
"Ok."

I don't know how we ended up kissing but the next thing I know his lips were on mine. That asshole, always knew how to worm his way back in. I pulled away for a second as he eyed me hungrily. "This doesn't mean anything." I stated, seriously. "Nothing at all." He smirked.

"I'm not kidding. If we fuck I expect you to act like nothing happened. Because I still fucking hate you." I spat.

His eyes widened for a second at my bluntness before he nodded. "Hate me then." He whispered before leaning back in and pressing his lips to mine. I grabbed his hand, leading him up to my room as he chased behind me greedily, his hands unable to stay away from me.

HAPPY VALENTINES MY LOVES!!!!
NEXT CHAPTER ILL TRY AND UPLOAD WITHIN TONIGHT BECAUSE ITS THE MAIN VALENTINES CHAPTER, LOVE U ALL SM <3333 MWUAH