19

Maya's POV:
I woke up feeling fucking exhausted. The noise of hospital machines beeping around me, I could hear mumbling around me. I squinted, the brightness bothering me, I felt someone clutch my hand and turned my head to find Rue with her head on my hand, kissing it repeatedly. On the other side, my mom stood watching nervously as if she was scared I'd start a fight with her if she came too close.

I don't know if she saw it in my eyes, I really needed a hug but she made her way forward and slipped her arms around me, clutching me. Tears slipped out of both of our eyes, something about feeling like you're about to die.. makes you forgiving.

"I'll give you some space.. to um." My mom mumbled, wiping her eyes. I smiled silently, wiping my own as Rue kissed my face repeatedly, making me chuckle. "What the fuck happened?" I asked. She sighed before telling me I had a seizure, they were trying to figure out why at that exact moment in time. "Elliot came. He hasn't really left your side" Rue mumbled. I nodded, not exactly knowing what to say, I didn't really expect to hear of Elliot after what happened.

"What's up with you and Elliot anyway?" Rue asked. I shrugged, I wasn't so sure myself. One minute we were best friends and the next.. the next I found myself feeling slightly more.

"You can do way better." She murmured and I chuckled before pinching her cheeks "jealous?" I laughed as she blushed, shaking her head. I was exhausted but Rue had a brilliant habit of always making me laugh, even though sometimes it wasn't intentional. I laid back, leaning against my pillows, one thing me and Rue agreed on without hesitation... we would live in fucking hospitals if we could.

A knock was heard on the door, my eyes slowly opened as I looked to see Maddie, Jules and Kat in the window. Despite my best efforts to steer clear of Jules I smiled, inviting them in without exactly offering. Maddie ran over to me, clutching me tightly. "Oh my god I was so fucking scared Maya. Please don't die on me" she whined into my neck as I chuckled.

Kat wiped her eye as she kissed my cheek, her hand reaching around me to hug me. "I'm so glad you're okay." She smiled as I grinned back. And Jules. Jules smiled, pulling me into a hug. Rue could see my discomfort as she grabbed Jules' hand and sat her on her lap. "McKay's outside and I'm pretty sure Cassie and Lexi just showed up." Rue said as she eyed her phone. "Awkwardddd" maddie joked as we giggled together.

After a few hours of talking to everyone McKay walked in. Everyone began giving us space as I smiled gratefully at him. "You scared the shit out of me Cole" he mumbled into my shoulder. I chuckled as I grasped his chin in my hand. "Thank you for saving my life." I smiled. He looked at me deeply "are you going to start doing drugs again?" He was the first one to ask. It took me off guard I'm not going to lie.

They'd given me Vicodin, which I was no stranger to. It had calmed me down, knowing I'd been given drugs but I knew everyone would be disappointed when they'd find out. I mean technically it wasn't intentional.. but if a nurse wasn't looking, I would without a doubt take as many possible. I had an immediate flashback to when that bitch ass Mouse had forced me and Rue to take Fentanyl in front of Fez and Ash, I scoffed at the memory.

McKay coughed, seeing me in a trance. "I don't know" I answered truthfully. He smiled sadly, understanding at this point I had no other option. He sat beside me, looking over at me. "You know I had the biggest fucking school girl crush on you in freshman year?" He chuckled as I rolled my eyes shaking my head, glad he was changing the subject.

"McKay you had a crush on everyone in freshman year." I laughed. He looked at me amused, I enjoyed his company and since he'd left for college... I missed my friend. Practically my brother. "How's college?" I asked seeing his face drop at the mention. Ah. "Still on the bench" he chuckled dryly. I put a hand on his shoulder, smiling at him. "You are the best football player I've ever seen, just be patient and work your way up. I know it's shit but when you start playing in college, you'll be unstoppable!" I wooed making him laugh. "Thanks." He mumbled.

"You're little friend, he's been wanting to see you. I told him I'd ask first before he shoves his guitar and Xanny bars in your face." He joked as I laughed, McKay was one thoughtful motherfucker. "Thank you." I smiled. McKay was like a big brother. Always there to pick up the pieces when I fucked up and god if I didn't appreciate that... he was a good person.

"Does he at least look a mess?" I asked, joking. And McKay nodded. "Broken ass mess." He said, before saying "anyone would be after screwing up something with you." I playfully punched his shoulder "Thank you for finding me" I whispered. "You already said that" he smiled before standing up and hugging me once more. "I love you buddy." He pushed my hair back out of my face before replying "I love you too little sis." Before walking out and gesturing towards outside "I'll send him in"

TINY CHAPTER I KNOW I KNOW BUT I SUBMITTED LIKE A WATTPAD SUPPORT THING AND I THINK ILL GET A RESPONSE WITHIN A DAY OR TWO. THEN I CAN REPLY TO ALL U BBY'S 😩💘