50

Elliot's POV;
"Baby" my voice choked as I grasped onto her hand tighter, seeing her eyes squint. It must be too bright. I could see her trying to gather her thoughts and took the opportunity to get up, my nerves getting the better of me, my head was scrambled and I couldn't believe she was awake.

"the nurses keep opening all the blinds and keeping these lights on you. I know you hate it I tell them all the time they just don't listen- " Before I could finish rambling she cut me off.

"Ellie what happened?" She croaked, I quickly walked to her side and poured her some water and waited until she'd drank a fair amount.

"So much. I just really need you to put that on the back burner for a second. Focus on drinking water, you need it." I stated, my heart racing, it felt like it was going to thump out of my chest at any moment. I clutched my heart with my one hand and the other was gripping hers tighter than ever.

Her doe eyes staring back up at me, confused. I couldn't fucking tell her. I needed it to be someone else. I couldn't break her heart, not again. She sighed, trying to sit up as I got up to help her. "take it easy." I mumbled as she rolled her eyes with a small smile on her face.

"I missed you so fucking much." I said, my voice breaking as the lump in my throat became more apparent. "I need to know what happened." She stopped herself when noticing Rue asleep. I could already tell she wanted to talk to her so without hesitation I gently nudged Rue.

"Stop you asshole." She muttered as Maya snorted. At the sound Rue's eyes shot open. Her glassy eyes became watery as she kept her eyes pinned on mine. "She better be awake or I'm going to kill you." I couldn't help but smile, for the first time since I lost Maya I cheesed. And Rue knew in that moment.

She damn near screamed jumping up and hugging Maya, holding on for dead life. I made a mental note to hug my Maya as well. As they caught up I made my way out of the room to go find Maya's mom.

While Elliot went to find her, I told Maya I loved her at least a million times. I could tell she felt off, I could tell she was also drugged up.. that soon she'd feel the effect of what she'd experienced. And while she was still talking to me I took advantage. I joked and watched her smile tiredly and chuckle. For all I knew she could hate me for what I caused. God knows I would.

"hey Elliot." I heard as I turned around and saw her mom. The minute she saw my expression tears filled her eyes, she grabbed my hand and said "Take me to go see my baby."

The group chat was popping off. Rue had informed everyone of the miracle of Maya waking up, don't get me wrong I'd been in a world of my own, too focused on Maya to realise other people were gravely effected my her disappearance. It wasn't just me who was hurting. Honestly I wish Rue had kept it quiet for a little while longer, Maya didn't need to be bombarded right now. I wanted her to have time to adjust, surely being awake consciously after being a drugged up robot wasn't easy.

And for selfish reasons.

I wanted time with her, my beautiful girl.

It was nearing an hour since Maya's mom had passed out and fallen asleep, it was almost 2am and Maya had been hungry so I'd grabbed her something to eat. I looked over at Rue and her mom who were covered in blankets I'd been given from a nurse.

"I'm so sleepy." She slurred as the tub of yogurt  on her chest slid down, I caught it quickly before it could spill. She was on soft foods at the minute, mainly sugar free.

"I know baby. Get some rest." I mumbled, pressing my lips to her forehead. My heart becoming full again. God i was so happy she was back.

"Cmere" she whispered. I leaned closer to her, amusement filling my expression. She was really fucking cute. It still hurt knowing she was drugged up though.

"Lay with me." she stated more than asked. I slid beside her on the bed and pulled her onto my chest, being careful not to hurt her. She was fragile right now. "I'm right here okay? I'm not leaving you. Go to sleep my moon and stars." I grinned seeing a small smile on her face at the old nickname. "I love you." I whispered to her as her snores filled the room. All at once everything was changing, people were definitely going to come here tomorrow trying to visit.

She was going to ask questions and I had no idea what I'd answer her with. The truth was going to tear her apart. But looking down at the love of my life, alive and breathing with blood rushing around her pristine cheeks, I couldn't be more grateful. I focused on her adorable snores and brushed her baby hairs out of her face. Feeling my stomach in knots, I loved her so fucking much. I was never the religious type but I'd resorted to praying and I guess it worked. I looked up at the ceiling, holding my beautiful girl close to my chest and mouthed a thank you before letting my eyes shut and drifting off to sleep beside her.

HI BABIESSSSS
I MISSED U ALL SM
WE'RE NEARING 80K READS WHICH WARMS MY HEART IT FEELS LIKE YESTERDAY I WAS THANKING YOU ALL FOR 1K
TO ANYONE WHOSE FOLLOWING THIS STORY STILL I LOVE YOU AND TO ANYONE WHO DID AND STOPPED I STILL LOVE YOU!!!!!

Seeing people still vote and comment warms my heart! I hope you enjoyed this chapter my loves 💗

- Yourfavauthor x