52

Maya's POV:
"it's okay." I told Rue for the 1000th time. After El had fallen asleep my mom had told me everything. Laurie. The drugs. Honestly, it had slowly started coming back as she told me. As shitty as I felt I knew Rue must've been killing herself with worry over how I'd react.

I cried myself to sleep every. single. night. I had never felt as guilty and I wish Maya had punished me, I fucking deserved it.

"About fuckin time." Fez's incoherent mumble filled the room as I began chuckling to myself under the covers. I felt him throw the covers off as he grinned at me. "No it's cold!" I exclaimed laughing as he dug his fingers into my waist tickling me. "I missed you player." He said, I smiled widely at him, happy to see him.

"I missed you too." I said, he sat down on the chair beside me, gripping my hand as his face lightly fell. "How are you feeling?" He asked genuinely. Still smiling I responded, "I'm okay. I promise." I said, a little white lie never hurt anyone. Telling everyone I was struggling was going to cause nothing but worry.

"I got you something." He stated as I tried sitting up, excited. "You didn't need to..." I said as he chuckled "You love receiving get well soon gifts." As I nodded agreeing he pulled one of his hoodies out of a bag and handed it to me. "I know it's cold in this place. I also know you love wearing my shit. Here." He said a proud smile on his face as I took it, how thoughtful.

"Thanks you idiot." Pulling him into a hug I heard someone clear their throat and looked over Fez's shoulder to see Elliot. He'd been slightly overprotective.

Understatement of the century.

"Hey." Elliot said to Fez, trying to smile. "Wassup." Fez responded, I awkwardly shuffled up, leaning against the wall. "I'll give you and your man a minute." Fez said to me as he winked. I smiled in appreciation at his reassurance.

"Have you drank water today?" Elliot asked intently as I rolled my eyes. "Seriously Maya, you need to stay hydrated the doctor told me how important it is-" I cut him off before he went on his tangent. "Eli stop." I said, slightly tired. Quietly, he watched me, waiting for me to explain. "Just stop with the questions. Sit with me and talk to me."

"I am talking to you." He said, furrowing his eyebrows. I shook my head. "No. I want you to talk to me. Play me a song, is it too much to ask for things to go back to the way they were?" He was quiet for a second and I thought I'd upset him. As I sighed he responded. "You're right, I haven't been talking to you normally. Things can't be normal baby, I nearly lost you and it fucking tore me apart. I'm not asking you this stuff because I don't trust the doctors or trust you... I say it because I don't trust myself. I haven't slept, I can't eat, I can't breathe without you."

I glanced into his eyes as he finished speaking, my own tearing up. "Eli..." I started, he grabbed my hand gently, tightening his hold. "I know it was hard for you, I just want to hurry up the process, I hate feeling like a fragile child." He nodded, leaning his forehead against mine. "We can compromise?" He whispered as I smiled. "I'll stop pestering you, if you binge watch One punch man with me?"

I rolled my eyes "Fine." I agreed as he pressed his lips to my forehead. "Also, I have been playing you songs." He stated, a cute smile on his face. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah, I leave my guitar in my car for the most part but whenever I didn't know what to say or .. how to word my feelings, I played you music. Most of the time you were asleep though."

"Play me a song alreadyy" I groaned, missing his singing. He nodded, chuckling as he grabbed his keys from his jacket at made his way out to the car. As I sat in the bed alone I felt my eyes drift off, I'd been feeling extremely tired recently. Maybe it was the meds. I don't know. I'd figure it out though.

WE HIT 80K IM SO HAPPY!!! THANK YOU MY LOVESSSSS I CANT BELIEVE IT! FEELS LIKE YESTERDAY I WANTED TO CRY OF HAPPINESS OVER 1K

THANK YOU SO MUCH BABIES, I LOVE YOU ALL ETERNALLY! ENJOY THIS CHAPTER 💗💗💗

IM THINKING OF WRITING A STRANGER THINGS STORY BUT I WOULDNT KNOW WHERE OR WHO TO START WITH SO COMMENT WHAT OR WHO YOU WANT STORIES ABOUT! THANKS AGAIN!
- YOUR FAV AUTHOR❤️