39

Maya's POV:
"Lexi's play is tomorrow night and I really, really need to avoid Jules. Not to mention I caused that shit between Maddie and Cassie and I really don't wanna be around that. Maya I really can't relapse okay? I really really fucking can't. Ali, my mom, Gia, you everyone's relying on me I can't fuck this up man."

I sat quietly as Rue ranted, completely out of breath and borderline in hysterics. I pulled her into my arms, rubbing her back softly as I kissed her cheek. "You're the bravest person on this fucking planet. I love you. We will avoid Jules at all costs, Cassie will probably be riding Jacobs' dick all night and Maddie isn't pissed at you shes pissed at her ex best friend who fucked her abusive, psychotic ex boyfriend that she was infatuated with. Ali, Gia, Leslie and I... we're all here for you Rue. I promise."

I linked our pinkies and pressed my lips to them as a small sigh left her. "Rue we're both sober." I grinned as I saw her fight the chuckle that left her mouth anyway. "I fucking love you." She sighed, pulling me closer as she inhaled. With all the extra shit going on, I didn't care. My best friend was back, and I was so fucking proud of her.

"So anyway." She continued. I nodded ushering her to carry on as I slipped out of my jeans and got into bed with her. "You and Elliot?" She pried making me laugh. "Listen to me, you say the word and I'll cut that little bitch off faster than you can say curly headed fuck." That got a giggle out of her.

"I just want you to be careful. I fucking need you to be careful Maya." She mumbled as she ran her fingers through my hair. I nodded agreeing silently. "Fez and lex huh?" I mumbled into Rue's chest. She hummed.

"How do you feel about that?" She asked. That question got me thinking. Not necessarily about how I felt but about how she felt. Did she hate me? Would she want me to stay away from him? Did she know about us hooking up?

"Maya?" Rue said a little louder and I sighed letting her know I was awake. "I'm so happy for them. I just don't want Lex to hate me you know?" I muttered. Rue chuckled at my overthinking before saying "she'd never hate you Cole. Trust me. You're fucking unhateable"

"That's not a word baby." I smiled.
"It is in Rue's world"
"I missed you so fucking much"

And she knew what I meant. I missed the real her, the sober, thoughtful, kinder than a fucking puppy Rue. The Rue that held me when Fez broke things off with us. The Rue that always put her friends first. I missed her a whole bunch.

"If Elliot breaks your heart. I'll kill him" she said.

"I'll be right there with you."
"I'm serious." She said, pressing her lips to the top of my head as I exhaled contently.

Ik it's a short chapter but I love Rue sm and we needed some Mue content 😩
I wanna start an official Nate jacobs hate page for what he did to Maddie in the last episode 🙄

Love u all anyway ;)
💋💕