22

Maya's POV:
Me and Rue made our way into school, Jules was stood waiting at her locker, not looking too happy. I nodded at Jules, greeting her awkwardly before going to my own locker. "I missed you" she whispered to Rue. I think Rue spending all her time making sure I was able to walk despite me explaining to her that seizures don't take away your ability to move forever, was bothering Jules, none of my business I guess.

That's exactly what bothered Jules, I was fucking exhausted, balancing life and drugs and all the other shit, Maya was helping. She was actually fucking listening to me. Granted, she would never agree with me doing drugs and gaslighting everyone around me but, she listened and she knew sometimes that was all I needed.

"Hey hospital girl" Elliot smiled, slinging his arm around me, since we'd spoken we were kind of back to normal... in a friendly way. We hadn't really discussed much further. "Hey white Walker." I greeted as I winked at Kat who was talking to Ethan by his locker. "HEY MAYA! I hope you're feeling better my play just got accepted and I really want you to be a part of it so if you're up for it please audition?" Lexi rambled excitedly as me and Elliot laughed.

"Definitely" I said taking the pamphlet and continuing walking. "Wanna go to the arcade later?" Elliot asked casually. I shrugged my shoulders, not really sure if I was up for it. "Whose else is coming?" I asked. He sighed before saying "anyone you want" with his awkward chuckle.

During lunch we all sat together, Kat was explaining to me the reason why she wasn't feeling good about her relationship with Ethan. I listened and tried me best to give her advice. Rue and Jules were in their own little bubble and Elliot had his head on the desk with his earphones in.

Maddie was texting, probably Nate after he'd shown up at her babysitting house and gave her flowers. Cassie had taken the day off and lexi was going through rehearsals for her play, which Rue should've been at. "Rue, Lexi's doing rehearsals and needs you in the drama theatre now." I mumbled reading Lexi's text, she groaned before standing up and saluting me. "Could be worse. You could be doing Oklahoma" she fake laughed saying "ha very funny" before walking off as me and Kat giggled.

I read an article about Elon fucking Musk before groaning myself, I pulled out my airpods ready to put them in when Elliot grabbed one. "Can I listen?" He asked taking out his own music. I nodded, playing "feels like summer" by childish gambino and closing my eyes.

By the time school ended I had 50 texts from my mom asking if I felt okay. I responded to her quickly letting her know I was stopping by the store to pick up some snacks. Elliot had brought his bike and was adamant he should be the one to 'ride' me home. "Stop off at The convenience store." I said against his back as he nodded.

When we got there, I told him he could wait outside which he reluctantly agreed to. I made my way in and grabbed some stuff before taking it to the till where Fez stood. I paid in quiet before he spoke "I did visit." He mumbled and I nodded, I wasn't mad but I'm guessing he thought I was. "I know, Rue told me. Thanks." I smiled before grabbing the bag off the counter, fez pulled my arm slightly, "I'm glad you're alive player." He said in his usual, mumbly tone, I chuckled and said "me too." Before waving at the camera which Ash was always keeping a track off and making my way out.

I got on the back of the bike and Elliot took me home, when we arrived he let his bike fall to the floor as he looked down into my eyes. "You can come in if you want?" I offered and a small smile pulled up his lips as he nodded following me in. "Mom I'm home" I announced, "Elliots with me," after hearing shuffling my mom walked over and hugged me, greeting Elliot with a hug too. She'd been extra... nice, since the seizure. I guess she felt guilty.

"We're going up." I said popping my p. She nodded as Elliot smiled awkwardly, I took his hand, jogging up the stairs. I threw myself onto my bed as Elliot crashed on the floor. I chucked a few pillows at him as he turned to me and said, "wanna listen to music?" I nodded as he blasted songs from his phone. I grinned, opening my windows letting the breeze in. My curtains flew as I took my hair down and jumped up and down. Elliot laughed, probably thinking I'm bat shit crazy but it felt good to just dance. "Come on" i egged him on as he shook his head, leaning it against the door and watching me.

"The weather is beautiful, Tyler the creator is telling me I make his earfquake and we are young.... Let's dance!" I squealed, spinning around, laughing like a mad woman, as his smile widened more and more. I knew I almost had him, I danced my way over to him as he covered his eyes laughing, I took his hand pulling him up. Two traumatised teenagers, lost in the world of drugs, sex, suicide and well, pedophilia if you wanna include Cal Jacobs.

"Okay." He mumbled, still smiling widely as he let me pull him up. I held his hands as we danced, threw pillows at each other, screamed lyrics and smiled wholeheartedly. We were happy.

We swayed and danced until the sky darkened and our feet hurt. Elliot was needed at home so I hugged him goodbye and laid back in bed feeling as good as ever.

I CAN REPLY TO COMMENTS NOW!! Idk how to act I swear I reply to comments that probably don't need replies xoxoxoxo
Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter! I thought it would be cute to give them a wholesome moment and I envisioned the scene from the trailer where Elliot and Rue are dancing so picture that if u didn't already!!!
Reads are going up & im so v excited to reach 10K we will fully do it ik we can ;) hope you're enjoying the book loves, until next time.....

- your favourite author 💞