18

Maya's POV:
Remember me saying I hope someone finds me? Well.. I didn't exactly think it would be McKay. This is the part where Rue takes over, YO RUE WAKE UP. It's your turn!

Oh shit, sorry. Okay. I'm here I'm fucking present okay. So while Maya was passed out, I was at Jules' place with Maddie, Kat and whoever fucking else was there. Cassie and Lexi joined which was cool considering none of us had seen Cass since she'd started dressing weird.

About twenty minutes into our hang out Maddie said "let's play a game" everyone hummed in agreement. She turned to Kat "if you could fuck any guy on the planet for the rest of your life who would it be?" Jules laughed in my arms as Kat blushed slightly. "Probably some game of thrones character she fucking loves" Cassie spoke. Maddie then turned to Cassie "okay well what about you then?"

Me and Jules could sense the tension, it was crazy. Cassie looked like a deer caught in headlights which made her look even more fucking suspicious. "I don't know." She mumbled before standing up and walking out. "Maddie why would you do that?" Lexi asked.

"I'm sorry lex okay I fucking love you and usually I don't get involved but Cass can't say she's Maddie's best friend and then avoid all of us every second she possibly can okay? It's weird." Jules spoke. Kat nodded in agreement and I stayed quiet. This was none of my business.

Lexi went after Cassie as Maddie sat smug, inside though? She knew whatever it was must be fucking awful if she can't even look her in the eye. "Anyway what about you Jules?" Maddie asked. Jules looked at me, we hadn't really gone the full way yet. Honestly I didn't care what she said, as long as her answer wasn't Elliot. Her answer to that question was long winded and irrelevant to the story so we'll skip over it.

As we were sat talking Kat got a text. "Oh my god, Seth that guy from the football team just texted me. McKay is back in town and everyone's having a get together."  I looked around the room at everyone's excited grins. That meant a party. I pulled out my phone and asked McKay just to confirm.

Rue - party at urs?"

                                McKay - yh come down
                                McKay - bring Maya:)

Rue - I'm at Jules' place she hasn't responded to my texts so she's either asleep or fucking high.

                             McKay - I'll go check.

And that was how McKay ended up driving to Maya's. Her front door was unlocked and her mom was passed out on the couch. McKay didn't think anything of it, deciding to go up and knock on Maya's room. Three times. She didn't answer. He called her name, she didn't respond. McKay could feel in his gut that something was not right. Whether it was his old high school crush on Maya that made him care or the fact that he just really gave a shit about her. He ran down, gently shaking Maya's mom awake and it worked, she woke up almost immediately. I know what you're all thinking, fucking weird how seeing a random dude in her house didn't cause her any panic. It didn't, everyone in this shitty town knew each other. Maya's mom had babysat McKay which was the reason why he was so close to Maya in the first place. The look in his eye however, sheer fear, did cause her panic.

He explained that Maya's door was locked and he had a bad feeling about what had happened. It didn't take her mother much convincing, after their last argument (when Maya had practically confessed she was suicidal) she was thinking the worst. We can say what we want about Maya's mom but she gave a shit about Maya, whether she showed it or not. McKay gently moved Maya's mom out the way, shoving the door with his shoulder. Him being a football player helped because he managed to open the door after a few minutes. They opened the door to find Maya unconscious on her bed, naturally her mom entered full fucking panic mode. McKay swallowed down how terrified he was and picked Maya up, the foam on her lifeless body transferring onto his shirt.

He called out to Maya's mom, telling her to call 911. And she did. As the ambulance arrived, McKay called us all separately, letting us know what had happened.