Chapter two - Uncle Carlos

Sofia's pov 

I was sitting down at the table outside in the garden thinking, Christopher was passing up and down "Chris, can you stop your making me uneasy." he closed his eyes and stopped" "What is so important for my brother to know and I can't be in that room I'm an heir to." Let us just wait for Carlos to come and will see what the outcome is." 

Uncle Carlos Pov 

Checking my crisp jacket and watch checking the time waiting to see how bad it must be for my brother to call me back home. I feel sick to think of my niece ruling, I always preferred my nephew to her. People may find me heartless but it is my line so I should be allowed my say. 

My assistants were with me as I entered the drawing-room in my brother's palace. My nephew was sitting with Edward "Gentlemen." I say as I sit down waiting. "Now I am very fond of my nephew I wish to see him rule." My brother tilted his head and whispered "He didn't bear a son." I got loud "Is he not your firstborn though?" Edward made a chuckle "either way you look at it the law states the line is from the firstborn son and it happens to come from the daughter." "But women cant rule." I shouted back He argued, "She's a princess in her own right and is with a duke so they can rule."  Edward spat out "I will not live with my niece becoming queen." "It is not your judgment that is required its mine and I state she will become queen and my son-in-law Christopher  will be king." My nephew had blood boiling as you looked at him he muttered: "Father all this time I was learning how to become king I am your firstborn son and have my rights."

My dad said "You may have those rights but that begs the question do you have a son, no you don't. It's already done your sister and your brother-In-law will become rulers by the end of the month."  Edward left the room. I saw my nephew's face he was broken "I heard a happy rumor your wife is pregnant." He looked up but looked lost "Yeah but it won't change anything." "if it's a boy, he will be second in line." "Don't worry she won't be wearing a crown any time soon, have faith in me." 

"Thank you, Uncle I'm grateful, anything that makes me king, anything you can do would be very appreciated." He nodded "Let us find your sister and nephew." We hurried outside into the slight beaming down on us. I spotted my brunet niece dining at the table with her husband. She spotted me and grinned "Carlos," She says quickly we go in for a brief hug. "Where's the prince?" As I say that one of my brother's maids come into the garden holding a brunet little brown-eyed boy I smirk and smile at the little prince. I walk over to her and take the child. Walking back over to the parents, sitting down with the prince. 

Flashback 

My parents were with their grandaughter those brown eyes were so intense you could feel the power in them. My nephew was standing with his sister I could tell they favored the girl. I swore to him I'll help him any way I could. My niece had a way of making my parents fall at her feet she had a beauty which my parents didn't question they thought she might be something more.