Chapter 11 - The rules of the game

The 1800's era - 

Edward pov: 

Mum died last night, so my father abdicated the throne and made me king in his place and with me, my now wife Lyla to rule.  Mainly because of Henry, my father was already teaching him the ways of royal life at the age of six. My wife had a daughter shortly after we named her Sofia. 

My brother was angry at my father for choosing me instead of him. But he has to get over it. This is is a game that I'm very good at. Ruth had a daughter with me but because It would have been a scandal if anyone knew or found out, I had to keep quiet and keep a secret. Even though my heart didn't want me to, I found it hard to keep that secret. I thought I would break but I need to do this for my family, if it came out I would lose so much more than just a daughter I would lose my kingdom and my other children.  So Carlos found out just by looking at the girl and because of that, he disliked her. He knew she wasn't his. 

Sofia was four years old and she was with nannies teaching her. 

Carlos Pov: 

I was with Ruth in our room, I was watching her with little Emilia.  I hated the look of her because I knew she wasn't mine. I look at Ruth and watch her put down my infant in her crib, "Are we going to talk about it?" "What?" she says "You know what. Did you think this would be unnoticed and that no one would find out or know?" "I loved him." I laughed "You think he loves you?" "He does." "If he did You be up there with him." "I can't I'm married to you." I made a face "Exactly your my wife, don't be doing shit like that." I heard a knock at our door my niece was here Ruth picked up the baby and opened the door Sofia was smiling "I want to play with Em." She smiled "let's go to the garden and play." 

"