Chapter 8 - The Party of the season (part one)

The 1800's era - 

Edwards pov : 

I was in the garden feeling enormously drunk and hungover my younger annoying brother was in my father's drawing-room being the man he wanted doing the right thing in the eyes of the people yet me just doing what I want, but my mother always told me  "one day I'll be a father myself and have children and have to be the head of the household". But I didn't listen.  I was more interested in the parties we threw and the title that was enough for me but for my brother it has always been so much more, he wants to be king and take over my father when he goes but I'm older and my partner has already borne a son to me we named him Henry Taylor. And after a month I found out Lyla was pregnant again.

But I wasn't thinking about the child or Lyla, I was thinking about the party that was planned for this evening. I saw my father walking through the garden swiftly it seemed he was waiting upon me once again trying to catch me out.  He looked at me with those eyes that just you knew you wouldn't want to look at. I grunted his face was red and he looked at me and said: "When are you going to get your shit together your mother's dying and you have a responsibility, Eddie." I rolled my eyes he slammed the table in front of me and I stood up "Do you think, I didn't hear this before?" I spat out "You're going to be king young man one day your girlfriend bore you a son, this is your duty." "what if I don't want to be king?" He raised his brow and said, "Your brother would make such a better king to you." "well, why can't he rule then?" "Maybe because you already have a son and let's not forget you are older Edward, Now I expect you back at the palace to get ready for the party but go check in on the little prince."

I made my way back to my doors and found Lyla in her room with the infant. He was crying I closed my eyes for a brief moment. I was hiding from her so she didn't see me. I was behind her door I could hear her voice talking to Henry saying sweet things. And Henry was talking to his mother's baby bump.  I walked in and Henry's face lit up, he was two, and he made his way towards me approaching me. My phone was buzzing I looked at it to find Ruth's name appear, I felt hot like I have to leave. "Love, are you going tonight?" I raised my eyes rows "yeah, my dad wants me." And with that, I left. I left the room to hear Henry start crying again, I stood for a moment seeming like I was deciding if I'll go back in there but I just walked away. 

I walked into the library and I walked around the books and I found Ruth. "Hello, my love." She said smiling walking towards me. "Does she expect anything?" "Lyla, you mean?" "Yeah," She said looking at me "not that I know of," I said then I took her hands and kissed her. "My lord, are we crazy to do this? what if your brother or Lyla finds out?" I grinned "my love we've been doing this for almost a year and no one has found out yet, so what do you think it means?" "were smart." "the best," I said with a smile.