chapter 38 - There might be something that wasn't there before...

16400's  -Hour before Jack proposes to Abigale 

Jack Smiths pov:

Lily had been calling me for an hour at this point, It was my son Joseph's birthday. She wanted me to go over to see him as I had promised the last time I saw her.  But it was a family event going on with my other son.  It was his tenth birthday, but I couldn't make it. But I wished I could go and see him, hug him, kiss his cheek, and let him know I've never forgotten him or wanted this.  But again with this family, they wouldn't let me do that or even my future wife.  We were around a large family table with the heads of the family in affront of us, me and Abi.  the princes were in affront of their thrones, my son was among them and I was so proud.  

As the meeting was settling down I got Abi in a corner to ask her something, I said "My love walk with me outside please."  She gave me a brief smile and followed me. It was romantic I tried to make it the best I could, then a moment later I looked into her eyes and said "Will you marry me?" She took a moment then said, "I need to know, why you stayed and didn't choose Lily?" I rolled my eyes "Are we still on that?"  Her face went a cherry color "I need to know why, and you can't say It's because you love me. I've heard that as an excuse for too long."  I held my head straight "Alright then, It's because apart from that, I pictured our life, being with only you. And she wasn't in it. I didn't picture myself living with her, or my other son. As much as it pains me it's what it is. I choose you, my dear, I'm sorry for everything I've done to you,  please marry me." She was still thinking about the past not looking forward "She took you from me." she spat out.  I raised my eyebrows "I'm still here, you won." I say as I held  my hand out  holding hers not moving "I'm here, I'm not going anywhere." She closed her eyes standing next to me.  I got the courage to ask again So I went on one leg to ask her, I looked up and saw our son walk through the garden to find me on my knees, he looked at his mother with fear in his eyes but she was standing close and her eyes landed on him and she smiled with praise for him. Holding her breath. "You got one chance, Yes."