Chapter Three - date night

Emily's pov: 

It was after nine and I saw Joe walk towards me he had flowers in his hands. He handed them to me " I hope they're alright." "They are perfect," I said smiling. "Now you know more about me than I know about you so tell me one thing that no one knows about you,"   I say looking at him. He turned his head. "Alright, my father died when I was ten." I was surprised by what he said  "Oh I'm so sorry."  He shook his head "It's fine." "I've always been number two, all my life my brothers have been number one for my dad. I have always pushed aside. That's why I and Sofia have had a good connection I get what it's like being number two." He shook his head "I think it's different for her everyone thinks she's everything like she's perfect." "My father's dead to me," I said changing the direction of the conversation.  "How about we go ask for a drink," I ask he nods we go into the kitchen and ask for drinks, and then I walked out into the night sky looking into the obis of the sky. Having Joe's body standing so close I felt his hands along my waist. I smile knowingly at him with my hands on his gorgeous face going in for a kiss. To his surprise, he replies with a kiss back to me.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

A few days pasted 

Emily's pov: 

I and Sofia were talking about the plans we had made. "Are you sure you can handle it?" Sofia asked I gave her a look my response was "I know what to do. You're the one who called me Sof, you need to trust me I know what I'm doing." She took a breathe and breathed "okay, let's go over it again so we know what we're doing." I started the conversation "right, I'm going to track your father down and ask for a meeting, and then from that, I'm going to say I want to support the decision to be crowned sooner rather than later, they decided you would be crowned in three months I am going to ask if it could be only a month. If need be I'll bring your son up. She raised her eyebrows "If you must." "Good luck." She says. "I don't need it." 

I fastly moved around the palace to look for the king. I went to each floor and then I came across his drawing-room. His maids were outside they announced to me at once "Her royal highness princess Emily." I bowed and he did in return. "What do I owe the pleasure?" "I wanted to  give my two pence in and have my say about your daughter's situation with her brother." His eyes were on me  and looked away "I should have known you would of come and asked me about that at some point." "Well, I thought I could consider my place in the family" He nods and says  "go on let's see what you got." "Okay, well I know you have told my father the prince, and your son about the decision about changing the rules of my cousin becoming queen within the next three months I would like to change that number if I may." He looked interested and hopeful " what are you thinking?" "How about within a month?" He put his hands to his face and thought carefully "You know your father and cousin  will not be happy, You know that will be hard work, so if I agree within a month we have so much planning to do." I smiled "I'll help, I'm not going anywhere." "Please Uncle." He looked at me again and turned away and looked back at me. "Fine, I agree, but you must tell her now, God helps us." 

I called Sofia, she answered within the first ring "Well?" she says "Are you with Chris, He needs to hear this too. Meet me outside at the front." I found them both outside where the tables were sitting waiting patiently. I went to sit down I was being quiet. "Ok I did it, I managed to change the kings rule now you both will be crowned with in the next month, but it took a lot of strength your father will expect us if we want to get this down we need to organize ourselves and  it will be hard work." Her face lit up with hope and happiness, "Thank you so much." Christopher smiled at me "I can't thank you enough for what you've done for us." I started to mention "Your brother and my father will catch wind of this and I'm sure Joe would of as well, so I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. the minute your father tells them he won't be pleased with me." 

Sofia looked at me and laughed " Emilia just state facts you've come to help us." "Yes, but he's come to help them. More likely than not we will argue." "tell me later." "How will we know when this is taking place?" Sofia asked I laughed "probably around the time I'm expecting a phone call from him." 

Two hours pasted 

Joe Smiths pov; 

I was called into the drawing-room with the princes and the king, I was worried the way he was speaking worrying all of us. "What is the reason we're here?" Henry asked. Edward didn't want to speak you could see how he was acting, "Just tell us," I say. He closed his eyes "My niece has come to speak to me about a matter concerning this situation and we decided that Sofia will be crowned within a month instead of three months." "Are you joking?" Carlos said His face enraged.  Henry was mad he looked at me "Go talk to your ungrateful girlfriend and sort this mess out now!" "I'm mad myself,  but I need to be careful how I approach this situation I don't want to end up not having a girlfriend by the end of the day." I said staring at Henry "I don't really care about your issues within this relationship, it's your choice it's her or us."  I laughed "Are you serious right now?" I walked out of there to go find her. Maybe there was a reason she did it.

Emilia's  pov

I'm scared. I was sitting down across from the water where the garden was and I was sitting on a deck chair. As I expected I got a call from Joe. I closed my eyes for a moment for peace before world war three happens, "We need to talk where are you?" I Muttered "garden." He hung up and I waited to see his footsteps. I heard him, I didn't look, I just stared at the ground. I heard him sit next to me. I waited for him to speak first "Well I think you know why I'm here, and why I'm mad, I thought I would let you explain yourself." I laughed "Are you kidding me right now? I don't need to answer myself to you."I started glaring at him.  "I thought we had something." He slowly says not looking at me in my eyes. "Are you giving me an ultimatum?" "I wouldn't do that to you, but I want to know why." "Fine, I'll tell you, growing up my brother and Henry were never fans of me. My brother despised me from a young age. My brother tried to drown me when I was seven. And I never wanted him to become king, and Henry never stopped him. so If your going to get mad at me for that I really don't care." 

He looked like he was in shock. "I'm sorry." I shrugged "You want them rather than me fine. But I don't give second chances". I said smiling. I walked away.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Joe Smith pov: 

I saw Emily walk away, I was gutted but I understand why she did it. I want to kill that son of a bitch.  I went to Henry's door and gave him such a bad beating he had blood coming out of his cheek. I smiled "That's for Emily's brother when you see him tell him to never lay a finger on Emily or he'll regret it.