Chapter 34- learning how to be Taylor.

Frederick Robert pov: 

Growing up my mother always liked to remind me she wasn't a firstborn, or even directly a "royal", she kept telling me her father was not the king, but it always confused me because he always when I saw him in the palace, he always called her his daughter.  So she would always be on my case about who I was hanging around with or standing with. Always reminded me our station was higher than these other people who are lower than me. 

She was standing in front of me behind my grandfather's desk, "I'm strict with you because I know the game of this life my love, and you are just a boy whos young and you don't understand yet how this family works.  When I tell you no to anything I want you to accept that. " I watched Mum's face and didn't really answer that, since I wasn't in need of anything yet.  Now, you're going to go with your cousins, listen to them." 

My father had admirers, he always reminded people he loved my mother, maybe he said it too many times he's used to believing that? My mother is a beautiful woman so any prince or duke would love to take her as a wife since she isn't married yet. "I want to teach you now so when you're a man you know the right way to handle yourself in this family, once in it's hard to get out. It's different for people who are marrying into the family. It's harder for you because of your blood."  

I'm so used to my parents arguing, constantly

I'm so used to my parents arguing, constantly. Mum doesn't trust him, yet my father likes the attention, his always going out of the palace doing something, he hasn't told me anything, I m more close to my mother than him, he's so cold to me sometimes.  I think he only stays because my mother is a princess and she's beautiful, would be a fool to leave her. I'm now fourteen years old.  learning a  lot, I'll show them all not to mess with me. I can play the game and win. Just watch me.