Chapter 49- news travels fast

1690's 

Richard Owens pov:

It was a windy night in a rusty American town, to find someone who wasn't ment to be here seen alive.  I found her. I held my drink in the bar I stood just gazing at the face I never expected to see again.  I stood so close yet she didn't notice yet,  But I knew we had to talk. "Charlotte Taylor, you look  good for a dead girl. You suppose to be dead last time I checked you were buried six feet under." Her response was cany "Thought I'd make a splash." 

She continues "From what I recall the gun misfired and miss me supremely. You look good too for a missing person." "I say let bygone be bygones."  I laughed at that remark "You know me a little too well to know that I can't do that." "Well I say leave me and my family alone, or you're going to be the one in the body bag instead of me." "Your fathers got it coming to him, he cheated on Lizzie with your mother." she laughed "I don't remember it like that exactly."  "Well I know your father wants you to be more involved with your siblings and normally your father gets what he wants."  She smirked "half-siblings, not this time." "Last time I checked my father's wife was not loyal and she had sex with another man which led to a child,  so let's leave the past in the past." I put my hands up in surrender in agreement. 

****************

Charlottes pov:

My father kept calling me all day but I never answered.  He leaves a voice mail on my phone I listened well. "Charlie pick up, I need a word come home." I roll my eyes at those words, those tragic words because they weren't true, were they? the home wasn't there because she was there.  I called him and he picks up "come home now." I laughed "I'll come home when she leaves or I won't ever come back."  "I can't do that." I smirk "Wrong answer daddy." I got ahold of Owens and asked him to meet me. "What is it?" He asks "Just remember you have your demons and I have mine, but if you're serious about helping me then I suggest we go to the castle there's a party tonight correct?"

"I know what we're wearing, you should wear that drop-dead gorgeous dress. and I looking fashionable in the suit." 

***

later that night 

I saw a sea of bats glaring at the dress which made me happy I still had control.  I was at the bar just drowning in the drink, I held close to my body as promised my father's wife was still there and enjoying it from what I saw. I rolled my eyes as she made her way toward me I didn't back down "Charlie how wonderful to see you." She says brightly I hiss "homewrecker." I say with a smile but as I say that my dad comes toward me hearing what I said. "Charlie come on leave it." "No, I think I'm just getting started. Oh, look your offsprings have come." I say looking for Owens, I see him walking in his suit looking dapper. Leaving a kiss on my face, I overheard whispers saying we made a handsome couple

Owens says "What's on for next week agender ?"He says with a smirk

Owens says "What's on for next week agender ?"He says with a smirk. Leaving me in my thoughts.