Chapter five - Lies that bind

Emily's pov: 

I was upstairs on the top floor of the Paradise Hotel sitting down on a deck chair watching Lilly swimming in their pool with her dad. I could see how different their relationship was from mine and my father's. I got a phone call from Joeseph "Someone told your family about you being pregnant." I looked over to Paul and he was watching me "Everything ok?" I tilted my head "someone told my family I'm pregnant." Joe's voice came through "who knew besides us?" "my doctor and Sofia." I left the hotel and made my way fast to the palace. I went to Sofia's room and waited there. She came in watching me. "You got something to tell me?" I said with my eyebrows raised "Yeah I told my mum and dad and brother."  

"What the hell? You weren't supposed to do that. I didn't want them to know. " "they were going to find out one way or the other." "You are the one that called me, you needed me to help you with my father and this is how you repay me? by lying to me, I followed your plans and it got me pregnant look where I am now. Right now we're going to take a break I'm hitting pause on this and hitting pause on you being queen." I saw Joeseph come into the room and he saw me. Sofia looked at him and I held his hand and walked out of the room. "I need you to come with me to see my family." "Are you sure?" We're going to be a family soon and I would rather have you on my team." "I'm already on your team love." He kissed me on the cheek.

I was roaming the halls with Joe and we found my family and Uncle and Auntie with them sitting in the main room. We walked in and sat down. "We heard the news, you do realize you both will need to be married. Our family doesn't like scandal and would hate for our princess to be with child yet not married you don't want people to talk. So if you like it or not you both will be married in the next year." "We don't have a say?" I asked Joe said, "I'll do it to show commitment to Emily." "You are going to have to become a duke to marry a princess." "whatever I need to do just do it, I'm not leaving Emily or the baby." 

I took his hand and we left the room. I got a phone call from my brother. "Should let you know I found out about the baby, from your doctor." "Paid her two grand for the information." "I'll deal with you later I got somewhere to be." I tried to walk out but Joe stopped me. "Em we are a team now and I want you to know I completely trust you. Where are you going?" " paying a visit to my doctor. come with me." He nodded and we went in his car and took a drive. When we got out the weather was wet it had been raining. I walked into the room where I had been before, waiting for the lier to come in. She came in startled "Your royal highness." "I heard you like telling people my business, thought I told you to keep quiet." "Your brother offered me money." "And if he offered you to jump over a balcony you would do that as well?" She shook her head "I needed that money for me and my daughter." I closed my eyes " I want you to leave and move far away I don't want to see you here anymore, I'll be checking on you." 

I walked out and went to Joe's car to sit and wait for him. So my brother using people for the information and Sofia is just doing to cover her ass.   I saw Joe make his way to the car and he opened the door, "ready to go home?" I nodded and turned my head the other way. We made our way home and just in time it stopped raining and I went to their bathroom to get a towel to wrap myself with it. I left it in the bathroom.  Made my way back to the pool. I sat down with the water to my feet. 

I got up from the pool and came inside, I saw Joe sitting down He came over to me to ask "What's your views on what the family said?"  "Well I don't want to cause any scandal so I guess will have to get married. " "But you don't love me." He states "Love will come." "How are you so ok with this?" he asks "it's what I'm used to, all my life they told me what to do, and sometimes it is just better to do what they want, I do not have any  fight left." " I think I'm going to rest I'm a bit tired." I went to the colored room and went to lay down, I heard the telephone go off but I didn't move. Lily wet to pick the phone up she turned to me and said it was my cousin Sofia I shook my head saying no. 

I saw Lily look at me with those ocean eyes looking like she wants to know all my struggles

I saw Lily look at me with those ocean eyes looking like she wants to know all my struggles. Abigale was sitting on the sofa, she said looking at me "My husband said he and joe are going to make a nursery for the little one, I'm sure your mother will get one made in your palace."