chapter 39 - Cody diaries...

1900's 

The children's princes and princess's points of view on life

Princes Cornilious pov: 

By this point children are grown and are young adults, me being the oldest, eighteen and Cain seventeen and Demi is sixteen.  Our uncle Freddie was an interesting uncle teaching us different from our parents, who taught us right from wrong but it ended up being more wrong than right. But he took us to parties and gatherings and balls for people like us. I always wondered about people who were nothing like us, and how different they would be.  I was best friends with my cousin Cain. And always with my younger cousin Demi Taylor, she grew into a pretty lady, I feel like a brother to her, so I'm very protective of her like her brother is of her. 

We three always got into trouble, if not me them. It was funny really. At this moment in time, my mother and father were not ruling it was greats uncles Freddie's mother ruling with her husband.  I saw Demi looking into the clouds outside in the garden sitting down at our family table with a glass of wine, I wasn't a fan. "You alright Dem?" Her eyes fluttered up to me she nodded "Yeah Cody, just bored." "Let's go find your brother and get out of here before they find us." She always liked getting into trouble or making it. She agreed and lead the way looking through rooms quietly.  We acted like spies going into different rooms once we found Cain he was playing chess with our grandad, I gulped along with Demi as we stood straight. 

Our grandfather was chuckling to himself "You kids."  I saw Cains's face he got what we were doing there, so we tried to make him get the gist.  "Sorry, Papi we wanted to get Cain to come with us, to go study."  I couldn't tell if he believed her or not but all the same, he let him go and he waved us off. 

Once Cain was out of there he looked at us both shaking his head "So what's happening? "We're getting out of here,"  I say looking t him. 

We got to the ball, in a mansion. This room was huge big enough to fit many houses. "Come on." Demi muttered to me as we walked together, "Let's go." We stopped, and we heard music.  We turned and the lights were on and there were so many people in this place, just enjoying themselves. Dancing, smoking, cigarettes, and people outside.   

So we all got into a huddle and made a choice to get back here three hours after to go home.  Cain and I told Demi "You better be back here by twelve o'clock. "