Chapter 20 - Paradise Hotel meetings...

1500's era

Abigail Taylor:

I was watching people outside in the sunlight standing near the water.  I saw my brothers come out of the main rooms following my father into the kitchen, I could tell my dad was mad. My brothers were too involved with the idea of ruling the kingdom, why can't they just enjoy the life we have and then get into huffs over stupid decisions about who's going to be in charge? I never had that view that's why dad liked me but there's something that's not right, I can feel it, all family has secrets but who knew my dad didn't look at me in the same way he does Edward. 

Because of my background, my mother would never allow me to be in the company of people who were below our station. So It was a good thing I had a best friend who was Lyla my brother's wife, we got on.  I saw her in the dress she came out to see me, "Let's go out of here." I smiled and made a grin "Lead the way." She took my arm linked our hands together and we walked.

We got to a busted stylish hotel I was looking on the outside of it, "don't judge a book by its cover Abi." She looked me up and down,  I laughed "alright, I have standards though." "Like we all do." She chuckled. We walked in linking arms looking around the place. The colors were nude and light. I like it.  We heard voices from different areas. We got to the front counter.

People knew us by seeing and hearing about our family. A woman was standing at the front she looked at us ad bowed instantly, "I'll lead the way to your table your highness's."  We followed and got to a table outside. We sat and I didn't see anything but the night sky.  "Hows Sofie and Henry?" She smiled thinking about them "They're ok, their dad doesn't seem to be involved with them." I heard voices from the door that was near us, there were four guys stumbling in.

 Lylas face burst out laughing while we were drinking they looked up at us, that moment I started laughing I started to stand and Lyla's face were was telling me to stay down. But I didn't listen I was standing there bowing down to them in response they did the same.  

A while passed I wanted another drink so I got up making my way to the door but halfway I tripped and I felt hands on my back, I had my eyes closed.  "Your highness." I heard the women hurrying toward me while this stranger was holding me. "Jack Smith, yes help her highness." I looked confused as he did, "Your ?" He looked at me I answered for myself "My name is Abigail."  "nice to meet you Abigail, my name is Jack Smith."  I looked over to where Lyla was supposed to be but I didn't find her.  "I'm looking for my sister-in-law, have you seen her?" I was looking everywhere." Ok, stay with us guys for a while until she comes back." Jack says, I nod while sipping my drink and sitting down on a deck chair. 

I saw Lyla come toward laughing she was with someone who nodded at us and then he left the area we were in, I looked confused but oh well. I was out of it I couldn't tell what was going on after all the drinks I had, Jack was saying something but I didn't understand him so I chuckled and he looked after me he looked at Lyla and said something to her, He made me stand up and he walked with me putting his arms around my waist and Lyla was walking with us towards somewhere that I didn't know.

After the walk we got to the palace I still had his arms around me I liked it, but after a moment he was looking for someone but for that moment I held my breath and he smiled at me and kissed me. Then muttered something to Lyla she was more sobber than me so she would remember that conversation. 

Lyla's pov: 

Myself and my sister in law were in bed knocked out, When she woke up she had a headache it was kind of funny, Her father walked in he looked at her for a second and was asking about her I covered for her and said to him she got a cold just tired. He nodded and left the room. Then At that moment, she woke up with something on her mind saying "Ly's what did Jack say to you when we came back??" "He left his number on the counter for you to call him, he wants to take you out somewhere.  But remember we can't tell anyone,   people like us cant to be seen with people like him. let's just say your father would not approve."  I say while giving her that look she just nodded and was silent.