Chapter 9 - the party of the season part 2

Ruth's pov: 

I called on my nurses for my little boy Jackson just wanted to check on him, they said he was sleeping in the nursery.  But the party was starting and I had a secret that no one knew, not even my love Edward, I'll tell him one day. I was touching my belly for a brief moment and closed my eyes if only Carlos doesn't figure it out. 

The room was filled with lots of people scattered about I was looking for Eddie, but then I turned my back to find his brother Carlos, my husband. He looked over at me from the glass stairs he was talking to one of the doctors about something I turned and thought to myself Could it be about the baby?  I saw him go into another room so I decided to look for Edward.

 I noticed the lights went out and I went into the library to have a browse to see if he was there, he wasn't. So I left and went downstairs  into the garden to our special spot in the secret garden before the tables.  I walked past the cold air and a moment of chill came through my body I grunted a little to find cold hands come over my body but I couldn't tell who it was, I was throwing my hands in the air to defend myself but Edwards's face came to light and I saw him. "My lord you shouldn't do that to me." " I apologize my dear." "there's something I must tell you." "what is it my sweet?" I hesitated to say "speak." he muttered  "I'm with child."  I slowly said. I didn't look at him there was silence, "Is it mine or?" "what do you think of me my lord, your the only man I've been with." "You are a married woman so it's understandable for me to think it's your husband."  "I and Carl have not been intimate for a long time."  "Alright I'll do what's right I'll help you with the child." 

Edwards pov : 

We walked into a  room with my brother at the front with my father looking proud "I have an announcement to share" He was smiling he looked in the crowd for Ruth and he found her he said, "my love come to stand with me." She looked at me for a second I whispered "Go." She nodded She stood next to him. "what is it?" She smiled in response. "I'm happy to announce to everyone that my wife is expecting a baby girl." I raised my eyes and then closed my eyes.